expected price update - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

expected price update

OK. I've been searching long and hard for the right 2014 GT. A local dealership just received a black and a white....both sticker priced at $40,140. I want the black one and am gonna talk seriously tomorrow after they get it prepped and I can drive it.

I'll be trading my showroom condition black 2012 V6 Premium (55K miles) and am considering offering $18K difference. If they balk I MAY up it to $20K. In y'all's expert opinions, am I crazy in expecting a sale?

Santa Elena Canyon, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TX

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver (the towing package)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014
PONY Member

Imho. If they give you $16k - $18k for your car, think you would be good. That new car should be around $34k with incentives.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan01 View Post
Imho. If they give you $16k - $18k for your car, think you would be good. That new car should be around $34k with incentives.
Those numbers are basis of my rationale. We'll see tomorrow.... I'll post the result.

MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver (the towing package)

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
PONY Member

My car stickered at over $39. I paid under $34.

Get that price (if it's not $500 under invoice, walk) nailed down and then talk trades. Isolate one variable at a time.

New car price.
Rebates & incentives
Trade in value
Financing

They like to give a little here, then take it back over there and there.

They sshouldn't get an answer on if you even HAVE a trade-in until after a sale price is agreed upon.

2014 Sterling Gray GT Premium with silver stripes / MT-82 / Brembo / Recaro
Steeda Sports | Koni Yellows | BMR Panhard and LCA Brackets
MGW shifter | Borla S-types
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I offered $20K and they took it. $40,140 sticker, $6,140 rebates and loyalty bonus (same dealership as the 2012), $14k trade-in on the 2012. I divulged my mods. They want my old 2.74 diffy gears and BAMA tuner. I pick it up tomorrow! Pics to come.....

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014
Apprentice

I have been looking at a lot of 2013 and 2014 way more than I should. I really like them I like the s550 though also. Been debating what to get on and off. Right now the two best deal I have came across is a fully loaded 2013 with 3000 miles for 32k and a brand new 2014 gt/cs for just under 32. My 2015 400a with 50th appearance package came out to be 35,300. What all options does the 2014 have? Ford is offering 4k in incentives for the 2014 and you can get 750 private cash.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96moonlightblue View Post
I have been looking at a lot of 2013 and 2014 way more than I should. I really like them I like the s550 though also. Been debating what to get on and off. Right now the two best deal I have came across is a fully loaded 2013 with 3000 miles for 32k and a brand new 2014 gt/cs for just under 32. My 2015 400a with 50th appearance package came out to be 35,300. What all options does the 2014 have? Ford is offering 4k in incentives for the 2014 and you can get 750 private cash.
I`m going to guess that the S550 is not going to have any incentives for quite a while, unless they are a dog out of the gate with things breaking & parts falling off. That`s just my guess though. If there are no special models that come out at first (GT500 etc.) I would not be surprised if the dealers did not put a "Market Adjustment" on every 5.0

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

As you can see from my revised avatar and signature, I have the car!!! It runs well but is very noisy...exhaust, intake etc. And the oil dipstick is awkward. But I'll get used to it I am sure....

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
As you can see from my revised avatar and signature, I have the car!!! It runs well but is very noisy...exhaust, intake etc. And the oil dipstick is awkward. But I'll get used to it I am sure....
Congrats on the car!

You think the stock exhaust is noisy? Oh man. dont ever get axlebacks then.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
Congrats on the car!

You think the stock exhaust is noisy? Oh man. dont ever get axlebacks then.
LOL. Per my signature I plan to leave it alone. It's awesome just as is.

I am somewhat surprised that a stock car would have such a loud exhaust. They sound just like Magnaflows. It is awesome driving around with the windows down. The rumble is exhilarating!

GT Member

When going fro a 6 to an 8, the exhaust is definitely going to be louder. If you ever come to St. Louis, just don't be around mine when I start it. wide open BOSS side exhaust and Flowmaster Outlaws in back. Definitely will wake you up. lol

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

PONY Member
S197 Member

..... Rumble? Are you sure its got factory exhaust?!? lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I discovered that I actually got a freebie on the car. The window sticker states that the passenger seat is manual 2-way adjustable. The seat that came with the car is an electric 6-way just like the driver seat minus the lumbar. I told the salesman about it. He said that doesn't happen very often.... I'm not complaining.

BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
I discovered that I actually got a freebie on the car. The window sticker states that the passenger seat is manual 2-way adjustable. The seat that came with the car is an electric 6-way just like the driver seat minus the lumbar. I told the salesman about it. He said that doesn't happen very often.... I'm not complaining.
That's part of the Comfort Package.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
That's part of the Comfort Package.
That's not listed as part of the comfort pkg on the sticker. The only 2 things listed are the heated seats and heated mirror with the pony lamp. No mention of the seat....????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page