American Muscle Fog Light Relocation Grille - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

American Muscle Fog Light Relocation Grille

Hey guys. I love my '14 5.0, but it's missing something. I'd like to delete the grille emblem and relocate my fog lights to wither the center of the upper grille, or the center of the lower grille. Either is fine by me, though I do prefer the upper. I know that I can hide them behind the grille with a kit, but I want them exposed. I emailed AM, and they said they would talk to their product development team. I'm sure a lot of us would love to relocate the lights on our '13s and '14s. Let's get this threaded loaded with signatures and thoughts. Hopefully AM will see this and get on a grille for us. Let's show them they have customers waiting.

2014 5.0 Base 6MT Sterling Grey w/ 3.73's - OptiGuarded, FRPP TrackCal Tune, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust with Ford Racing GT500 Axlebacks, Barton 6-Speed White Ball Shift Knob, MMD Classic Quarter Window Louvers, MMD Decklid Panel, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Boss 302 Grille w/ Foglights, MGP Caliper Covers, Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, JLT Oil Separator, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Roush RTR Rocker Panel Splitters, Tri-bar Wheel Caps, Front Splash Guards, & WeatherTech Laser Cut Floor Liners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'd love to see a centered kit for the upper, lower if it would fit!

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKyle1986 View Post
Hey guys. I love my '14 5.0, but it's missing something. I'd like to delete the grille emblem and relocate my fog lights to wither the center of the upper grille, or the center of the lower grille. Either is fine by me, though I do prefer the upper. I know that I can hide them behind the grille with a kit, but I want them exposed. I emailed AM, and they said they would talk to their product development team. I'm sure a lot of us would love to relocate the lights on our '13s and '14s. Let's get this threaded loaded with signatures and thoughts. Hopefully AM will see this and get on a grille for us. Let's show them they have customers waiting.
Seeing and Acknowledged! This a great idea and I think it would do very well here! I'm more than happy to have this sent over to the right people right now! What else would you be looking for? Have this sold in a kit? etc?

Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Alex, thanks for the quick response. I do have a few ideas in mind. I'd like to see it modeled off of the stock '67 GT500 grille, not necessarily the lower set up of Eleanor. While I think either is great, I prefer the stock '67 look. As far as a grille type, I'm fine with either the honeycomb style or the straight horizontal bar style. You obviously could make a kit if you didn't use honeycomb, but I think honeycomb would be the best look.
As an add-on, if people choose, you could manufacture a modern replica of the 67 emblem. There are a plethora of options here. One would be to replace the "Shelby" with Ford, the "Cobra" logo with a "5.0", and the "GT500" with "Mustang". I think you could also replace the "Shelby" with "Coyote", the "Cobra" logo with a traditional Mustang logo, and the "GT500" with "5.0". There is also the "Shelby" with "Coyote", the "Cobra" logo with a traditional Mustang logo, and the "GT500" with "302". Finally, there is replacing "Shelby" with "302" or "5.0", the "Cobra" logo with a traditional tri-bar logo, and the "GT500" with "High Performance".

I think it may be possible to make a body kit out of this, but I wouldn't go for it personally. You could make a front splitter with extreme rake, ala the old Mach 1's. You could combine that with your MMD Ducktail Spoiler. I already have your MMD Classic Louvers, but they would go well, or scoops for those who like them. I'm not a fan of side scoops, but many are. You could include those, as well as possibly a hood scoop for those who like them. Given that this items individually are probably $200 for the grille, $300 for the spoiler, $200 for the scoops/louvers, $200 for the chin splitter, $250 for the side scoops, and $275 for the hood scoop, that totals $1425. You could package it, possibly, as a "MMD's Classic Muscle Package" for $1200 to $1300. I think it would sell well because many people want these items any way, and it would save buying them individually, while that should still be an option. There is obviously the option of making graded packages that work their way up to the full package. You could offer say hood scoops, side scoops, and louvers in MMD Package 1. Package 2 could include all of the previous, plus the ducktail spoiler. Then, package 3, could offer all of the items listed. It give customers options, save them a few bucks, and hopefully increase sales due to the impulse to buy a package.

I hope this helps. I'd love to see this grille soon. I volunteer to drive out from NYC and be your first civilian with the grille.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1967-Shelby-Mustang-GT500.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	341.1 KB
ID:	362385   Click image for larger version

Name:	1967-Shelby-GT500-grille.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	362393   Click image for larger version

Name:	mach 1 w chin splitter.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	362401  

2014 5.0 Base 6MT Sterling Grey w/ 3.73's - OptiGuarded, FRPP TrackCal Tune, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust with Ford Racing GT500 Axlebacks, Barton 6-Speed White Ball Shift Knob, MMD Classic Quarter Window Louvers, MMD Decklid Panel, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Boss 302 Grille w/ Foglights, MGP Caliper Covers, Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, JLT Oil Separator, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Roush RTR Rocker Panel Splitters, Tri-bar Wheel Caps, Front Splash Guards, & WeatherTech Laser Cut Floor Liners.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
PONY Member

I would love to see a grille that cleanly relocated the fogs side-by-side in the upper grille, right next to each other.

I came remarkably close to building my own, actually. I do a bit of metal fab at work.

2014 Sterling Gray GT Premium with silver stripes / MT-82 / Brembo / Recaro
Steeda Sports | Koni Yellows | BMR Panhard and LCA Brackets
MGW shifter | Borla S-types
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Alex, thanks for the quick response. I do have a few ideas in mind. I'd like to see it modeled off of the stock '67 GT500 grille, not necessarily the lower set up of Eleanor. While I think either is great, I prefer the stock '67 look. As far as a grille type, I'm fine with either the honeycomb style or the straight horizontal bar style. You obviously could make a kit if you didn't use honeycomb, but I think honeycomb would be the best look.
As an add-on, if people choose, you could manufacture a modern replica of the 67 emblem. There are a plethora of options here. One would be to replace the "Shelby" with Ford, the "Cobra" logo with a "5.0", and the "GT500" with "Mustang". I think you could also replace the "Shelby" with "Coyote", the "Cobra" logo with a traditional Mustang logo, and the "GT500" with "5.0". There is also the "Shelby" with "Coyote", the "Cobra" logo with a traditional Mustang logo, and the "GT500" with "302". Finally, there is replacing "Shelby" with "302" or "5.0", the "Cobra" logo with a traditional tri-bar logo, and the "GT500" with "High Performance".

I think it may be possible to make a body kit out of this, but I wouldn't go for it personally. You could make a front splitter with extreme rake, ala the old Mach 1's. You could combine that with your MMD Ducktail Spoiler. I already have your MMD Classic Louvers, but they would go well, or scoops for those who like them. I'm not a fan of side scoops, but many are. You could include those, as well as possibly a hood scoop for those who like them. Given that this items individually are probably $200 for the grille, $300 for the spoiler, $200 for the scoops/louvers, $200 for the chin splitter, $250 for the side scoops, and $275 for the hood scoop, that totals $1425. You could package it, possibly, as a "MMD's Classic Muscle Package" for $1200 to $1300. I think it would sell well because many people want these items any way, and it would save buying them individually, while that should still be an option. There is obviously the option of making graded packages that work their way up to the full package. You could offer say hood scoops, side scoops, and louvers in MMD Package 1. Package 2 could include all of the previous, plus the ducktail spoiler. Then, package 3, could offer all of the items listed. It give customers options, save them a few bucks, and hopefully increase sales due to the impulse to buy a package.

I hope this helps. I'd love to see this grille soon. I volunteer to drive out from NYC and be your first civilian with the grille.
David-Thanks so much for the response and feedback! You've got some incredible recommendations here and they're all getting used! I'd personally love to see these types of grilles as well as packages here because I think they would do really well! Keep me in the loop if you have any other feedback or recommendations and thanks again!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntoy View Post
I would love to see a grille that cleanly relocated the fogs side-by-side in the upper grille, right next to each other.

I came remarkably close to building my own, actually. I do a bit of metal fab at work.
Thank you as well! The more recommendations or feedback I receive on these the better chance we have on having something like this brought on!!!

Thanks again guys-this was invaluable!

Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
David-Thanks so much for the response and feedback! You've got some incredible recommendations here and they're all getting used! I'd personally love to see these types of grilles as well as packages here because I think they would do really well! Keep me in the loop if you have any other feedback or recommendations and thanks again!!!!

Thank you as well! The more recommendations or feedback I receive on these the better chance we have on having something like this brought on!!!

Thanks again guys-this was invaluable!

Alex
Alex, I really appreciate any help that you can provide. This would be an excellent product, as evidenced by the number sold to owners of '10-12's. I'm scared that product development will be for the next gen only coming soon, and we 13-14 owners will be left out of new products. Please see what you can do. This would be excellent.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Alex, I really appreciate any help that you can provide. This would be an excellent product, as evidenced by the number sold to owners of '10-12's. I'm scared that product development will be for the next gen only coming soon, and we 13-14 owners will be left out of new products. Please see what you can do. This would be excellent.
David,

I'm always here to help out! We rely heavily on customer feedback on a regular basis and we've pulled some really great ideas off the forums in the past and will definitely continue to do so. Let me know if you have any other recommendations and keep an eye out for these parts. It's not something that would happen overnight but I would hope to see some of this around the Holiday's!

Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
David,

I'm always here to help out! We rely heavily on customer feedback on a regular basis and we've pulled some really great ideas off the forums in the past and will definitely continue to do so. Let me know if you have any other recommendations and keep an eye out for these parts. It's not something that would happen overnight but I would hope to see some of this around the Holiday's!

Alex
I'll keep my eyes peeled. Hopefully we can pull off a miracle.

PONY Member

I'd also be interested in a grille like this, in fact I am holding off buying the modern billet grill on AM's website now that this is a possibility.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighsayer11 View Post
I'd also be interested in a grille like this, in fact I am holding off buying the modern billet grill on AM's website now that this is a possibility.

Thanks for chiming in here. I appreciate you jumping on board with us. Let's see how many people we can get to comment and sign on to this. The grille would be a great product for our cars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page