Back in the states and new parts - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Back in the states and new parts

Hey guys, I've been absent for a while. Just got back from a 2 year tour in Okinawa, Japan. I've been back for a little over a month and finally got around to installing all the parts I've accumulated. Mostly suspension parts and I still have to install my Wilwood brakes this weekend.

Swapped my CS/Boss facia with one from Roush.

Ground Control coil overs

Ground Control CC plates

Whiteline front sway bar

Front installed

Rear set up

Whiteline lower control arms

Whiteline rear sway bar

Whiteline watts link

Diff cover installed

Wattslink installed

Here's how she sits now.

Still need to install these badboys

2011 Grabber Blue GT
Performance: Bassani Longtubes, Bassani Catback, JLT CAI, Boss intake manifold
Suspension: Ground Control coilovers, Whiteline front and rear sway bar, lower control arms, relocation bracket, wattslink, Steeda strut tower brace
Apperance: Saleen grille, Roush front facia Roush side and rear splitters, GT500 rear valence, GT500 rear spoiler, Forgestar F14 20x9 20x11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Glad to hear you're back! ...While you were away, I attempted to make the candy-red version of your car (power-wise)... LOVE the Bassani.....But now you've blown me out of the water again. Great job. haha ..That suspension settup looks sick. And that BOSS Fascia looks perfect on your ride.....At least we have one thing between us - NO MORE CALIFORNIA LAWS!!

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiZ_65 View Post
Glad to hear you're back! ...While you were away, I attempted to make the candy-red version of your car (power-wise)... LOVE the Bassani.....But now you've blown me out of the water again. Great job. haha ..That suspension settup looks sick. And that BOSS Fascia looks perfect on your ride.....At least we have one thing between us - NO MORE CALIFORNIA LAWS!!
Hey ChiZ. Well I the boss facia is in my garage now, the Roush is currently installed. I'm debating on getting the CJ setup and try for more N/A hp.

2011 Grabber Blue GT
Suspension: Ground Control coilovers, Whiteline front and rear sway bar, lower control arms, relocation bracket, wattslink, Steeda strut tower brace
Apperance: Saleen grille, Roush front facia Roush side and rear splitters, GT500 rear valence, GT500 rear spoiler, Forgestar F14 20x9 20x11

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
Site Sponsor

Swerov- Welcome back and looking Good!!! This gives me sick and twisted ideas! Shoot me a PM if you don't have our USMil Discount and I'll get you set up!

Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervo View Post
Hey ChiZ. Well I the boss facia is in my garage now, the Roush is currently installed. I'm debating on getting the CJ setup and try for more N/A hp.
Oh, yeah I was just looking at the 1st picture where you have the 2 side by side. I guess I shoulda said the BOSS one "will" look sick on your ride.
I thought about getting that fascia as well, but with the car already lowered, i feel like I would bottom the **** out of it every time I go in and out of the driveway or over speedbumps...

The CJ settup would be interesting - It'll be an expensive journey!...I look forward to your install thread when/if that happens! ...As for me, after the BOSS intake, larger TB and CAI, etc...I'm kinda over spending lots of cash on minimal N/A gains...I'm saving up for the ProCharger. Enoughs enough. haha

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014
Rookie

Are you willing to sell your old bumper and fascia?

2011 Ingot Silver V6 Performance Pkg Pony Pkg Comfort pkg Auto...Bama 91 hybrid, SR lowerings springs, 1 inch eibach rear wheel spacers, AFE cai, smoked taillights, quarter markers, side markers, viynl wrapped roof and decklid, muffler deletes w/4 inch tips, zr4 lazer jammers, smoked headlight covers and plasti dipped wing, wheels, grille, and grille surround. Check out my gallery for some professional pics.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014
Apprentice

This is the same Suspension set up I'm about to purchase. Can you tell me are the Coilovers adjustable at all besides just ride height?

Thanks.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014
Apprentice

Nice work

Nice Mods.

Let me know how rough the watts link ride quality is.

Also good to see another Late Model Mustang Wilwood user.

First 3.7L Mustang in the 12's
All Things 3.7L Mustang; V6MustangPerformance.com
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014
PONY Member

Dude that's a nice setup. Stang is looking good. Thanks for your service!

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Canuck View Post
Are you willing to sell your old bumper and fascia?
I'm not sure if I'm selling or not. I like keeping all my stock parts. Plus I really don't want to ship it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 mustang View Post
This is the same Suspension set up I'm about to purchase. Can you tell me are the Coilovers adjustable at all besides just ride height?

Thanks.
You can also adjust the dampening of the shocks/struts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_Kona_Blue View Post
Nice Mods.

Wow those nickel painted ones look awesome! I still need to install my rear set up. Any advice on the install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgoins View Post
Dude that's a nice setup. Stang is looking good. Thanks for your service!
Thank you.

2011 Grabber Blue GT
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_Kona_Blue View Post
Nice Mods.

Where did you get those from? I've been looking for something other then black and red and cant seem to find them.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Welcome back to the world, thank you for your service

It really looks like a sweet set up you have there! That finished pic pf your car, is that at New River?

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Looks great, welcome back!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
BOSS Member

Garage
Where's the twins ? I thought you'd have them by now.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
PONY Member

I'm surprised no one's asked about how the ground control coilovers compare to the konis you had on there...I know you added to the suspension with all the Whiteline parts...give us your review!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page