Procharged 3.7 Owners: What is Your RWHP? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Procharged 3.7 Owners: What is Your RWHP?

3.7L V6 owners with Prochargers, what are your RWHP numbers?

Are you on stock internals?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
GT Member

HP

What I have seen and it is impressive 401 RWHP. I'm a GT owner but I have seen these V6's in action and I was impressed to say the least. I would say average 390+.

T Wayne

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wayne View Post
What I have seen and it is impressive 401 RWHP. I'm a GT owner but I have seen these V6's in action and I was impressed to say the least. I would say average 390+.

T Wayne
So far I've seen 409 and 460 RWHP on stock 3.7L internals holding together. I am aware of one at 550 RWHP (that was a turbo project) that eventually popped (after a few thousand miles I think), but nothing between 460-550 on factory inards. I'm curious as to wheter any are out there?

Private "one-off" turbo folks can chime in, too. I identified the Procharger only because it is more easily attainable and much easier to tune. I'm not really as concerned about the Procharger as I am FI in general.

I've seen the safe thresholds and I've read plenty of threads on beefing the internals and such. No interest in addressing that.

I'm just curious about the numbers. Does anyone know if the 460-550 RWHP FI'd factory internal 3.7's exist out there?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

One more thing: I'm not looking to install FI any time soon. When (or if) I do, I want to shell out the bucks to do it right, from the inside out.

But for the sake of giggles, I wonder if there are any factory burly beasts in the range I've identified above?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
Apprentice

A better question is what kind of torque does the procharger make to the rear wheels and where at in the rpm band.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
A better question is what kind of torque does the procharger make to the rear wheels and where at in the rpm band.
I'm not even getting answers to the HP question. I seriously doubt anyone will pipe in with any other information.

Besides, it's easy enough to find basic Procharger dyno graphs online, to know what to expect in terms of torque curve.

I want to know if anyone is pushing the limits beyond the basic setup and if so, how far?

I'd like to know about the numbers on other forms of FI as well, especially homemade systems.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014
PONY Member

I think Hector from CFM still has his turbo setup in their yellow Mustang. Anyone from CFM have RWHP numbers?

2012 MCA V6, Kona Blue, Stone Leather, HIDs, Performance Pack, Reverse Sensing, Interior Upgrade, Comfort Pack, Medium tint, Carbon fiber splash guards, JTL oil separator, Borla ATAK AB exhaust, American Muscle 1/4 window louvers, Hood spear decals, Raxiom rear tail lights, Steeda LCAs, Ford Racing panhard bar

Order: 6/28 VIN: 8/23 WS: 8/30 Build: 9/6 Arrived: 9/20 Pickup: 9/22
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Is Hector still on stock internals?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page