2013 Mustang suspension help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2013 Mustang suspension help

Hello everyone, i have started working on suspension now that looks are pretty much close to done. I have BMR lower control arms being delivered here in a few hours. I have a BMR adjustable panhard bar that is installed. I was wondering what my next suspension mod should be, and what a upper panhard rod does exactly and if its worth buying, thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

What's the rest of your suspension like?

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamsh View Post
What's the rest of your suspension like?
So far the rest is stock, I got the adjustable panhard bar and the lower control arms just arrived, so im gonna get those installed probably Friday, oh and a strut tower brace.

Last edited by tyrell418; 07-08-2014 at 08:12 PM.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

shocks, springs, and camber are always great

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamsh View Post
shocks, springs, and camber are always great
Alright, can i get Koni STR.T shocks first then do the struts or no? And what does the adjustable upper panhard bar do?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
tj
PONY Member

What are you goals & objectives? Do you plan on tracking the car or is it a DD?

Springs are the foundation of better handling & provide better appearance ... it is a good mod to start with or add.

It depends on what you are looking to accomplish.

Best Regards,

TJ
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What are you goals & objectives? Do you plan on tracking the car or is it a DD?

Springs are the foundation of better handling & provide better appearance ... it is a good mod to start with or add.

It depends on what you are looking to accomplish.

Best Regards,

TJ
Its a DD, but i plan on getting longtubes so i wanna wait till i get those before i get springs.

Last edited by tyrell418; 07-09-2014 at 01:07 AM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Lowering springs are very important. I used these and they work great:

05-14 Mustang GT V6 UPR Kit Lowering Springs by Eibach

When you say upper panhard bar, I think you're talking about the panhard brace. Our cars come with a panhard brace from the factory, so the panhard brace UPR makes replaces the weak factory one with a much stronger Tig-welded chrome-moly brace:

05-14 Ford Mustang Pan Hard Brace | UPR

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
Lowering springs are very important. I used these and they work great:

05-14 Mustang GT V6 UPR Kit Lowering Springs by Eibach

When you say upper panhard bar, I think you're talking about the panhard brace. Our cars come with a panhard brace from the factory, so the panhard brace UPR makes replaces the weak factory one with a much stronger Tig-welded chrome-moly brace:

05-14 Ford Mustang Pan Hard Brace | UPR
Alright, does it improve handling? The brace that is?
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrell418 View Post
Alright, can i get Koni STR.T shocks first then do the struts or no? And what does the adjustable upper panhard bar do?
I'm a big fan of STR.T's. For the price, they're unbeatable. I got my set last year from Tunersports.com for $315 shipped to my door.

The panhard bar allows you to recenter your car's body over the axle, because once you lower the car via springs it will shift same laterally. An un-centered car throws off handling and as such an adj. panhard is required to center it.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
I'm a big fan of STR.T's. For the price, they're unbeatable. I got my set last year from Tunersports.com for $315 shipped to my door.

The panhard bar allows you to recenter your car's body over the axle, because once you lower the car via springs it will shift same laterally. An un-centered car throws off handling and as such an adj. panhard is required to center it.
So can i run the shocks on stock struts then upgrade the struts later?
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrell418 View Post
So can i run the shocks on stock struts then upgrade the struts later?
You *could* run STR.T shocks in the rear with OEM struts in the front but I imagine that your car would feel super sloppy - with a tightened up rear end and a loose front - would probably understeer like a freight train and wobble through turns like a drunk fat man.

I wouldnt recommend it.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
Californicajun

Unless I missed it, I didn't see where you have a new upper control arm or UCA bracket. I'd recommend since you are lowering it, I'd get an adjustable UCA and UCA bracket. I have a complete UPR Pro street series suspension and I love it.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californicajun View Post
Unless I missed it, I didn't see where you have a new upper control arm or UCA bracket. I'd recommend since you are lowering it, I'd get an adjustable UCA and UCA bracket. I have a complete UPR Pro street series suspension and I love it.
Alright, the lower control arms go on soon, and im gonna buy the upper, but im not going to lower the car yet until i get long tubes to see how the ground clearance is since its a DD. Im very excited to see how much improvement lower control arms make.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
You *could* run STR.T shocks in the rear with OEM struts in the front but I imagine that your car would feel super sloppy - with a tightened up rear end and a loose front - would probably understeer like a freight train and wobble through turns like a drunk fat man.

I wouldnt recommend it.
Alright, that makes sense, how much of a difference does KONI STR.T make?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page