Glue pulling safe for dent removal? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Glue pulling safe for dent removal?

I have a 2012 Mustang GT. There it was innocently sitting in my driveway. Then a fairly small/medium branch fell on it resulting in a half dollar dimple just between the roof and the driver's side door. There's no inside access to the dent. Someone who does ding/dent repairs at the local Ford dealership said glue pulling was the best option. Is that true? Is dent pulling safe? Are there any other viable options for removing the dent? I really want it gone by the safest method. Any input helpful here. Thanks. No paint damage by the way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014
Apprentice

I had 11 dents on the roof of my other car near the passenger doors, some of them deeper and bigger than yours. They pulled them out and it's like new again.

They told me that this method was safe as long as there were no prior repair or bondo where they apply the glue. There was also a risk that the glue would not be strong enough, but in my case it worked perfectly. It didn't leave any marks on the paint either.

2012 GT Premium, Kona Blue
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I know it is one of the tricks PDR guys use.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014
PONY Member

Yes glue pulling will work good as long as the dent is not on the crease or affecting the crease in the rail section you are talking about. If it is then you will need to strip the headliner & interior so a hole can be drilled on the inside of the rail for access to the dent.

Glue pulling is great and works nice - I've done a bit of it - best to call someone in your area that is experienced in PDR (paintless dent removal). Will cost you a few bucks but will be done right the first time.

2009 Red C/S, 2014 Blue GT, 1969 Coupe 302
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014
Apprentice

Take it to a dent pulling outfit. Had several dents removed from my 06 GT before I traded it for my 13 GT and did a terrific job. Wasn't that pricey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page