GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydashti01 View Post
thank you!
i just don't get why he's mad.
you can ignore my thread if u don't like it! your not forced to answer every thread.
not to u carlg
I don't think he's mad.

Fab's point is that when you keep all of your related discussion in one thread instead scattering bits and pieces all over the place it makes it easier for people to follow all of what you're thinking. These people would be the ones trying to help you . . . for free.

Strange mud has the same suggestion I was going to make, and that kind of measurement also reduces the errors in measurement that can creep in when the tires people are measuring from don't all sit at the same distance inside the sheetmetal due to differences in wheel width and offset.

You do realize that the weight of your supercharger is going to make many of the measurements people give you higher/bigger than yours even if the rest of their car is identical to yours.

I could give you any stock spring measurement you need, except that my car is a 2008 and may have sat at a different height or had other minor differences. They could be compared, but you'd need Ford's suspension height measurement method numbers for your car and mine to sort the differences out.

Norm

'08 GT coupe, 5M, wheels, tires, pads, fluid, a few suspension mods . . . still almost stock height
'19 WRX, 6M (hers)
'01 Maxima 20AE, 5M (spare, winter driver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I don't think he's mad.

Fab's point is that when you keep all of your related discussion in one thread instead scattering bits and pieces all over the place it makes it easier for people to follow all of what you're thinking. These people would be the ones trying to help you . . . for free.

Strange mud has the same suggestion I was going to make, and that kind of measurement also reduces the errors in measurement that can creep in when the tires people are measuring from don't all sit at the same distance inside the sheetmetal due to differences in wheel width and offset.

You do realize that the weight of your supercharger is going to make many of the measurements people give you higher/bigger than yours even if the rest of their car is identical to yours.

I could give you any stock spring measurement you need, except that my car is a 2008 and may have sat at a different height or had other minor differences. They could be compared, but you'd need Ford's suspension height measurement method numbers for your car and mine to sort the differences out.

Norm
Thanks Norm. I appreciate that.
Well hopefully i can see whats the issue in a couple of days when i swap my springs out!

Supercharged 2013 mustang 5.0 (race red) BBK LTH, BBK off road X, GT500 axle back, Koni Orange shocks and struts, bmr red panhard bar, steeda lowering springs, custom tune
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I don't think he's mad.

Norm
thanks Norm! You say it so much better than i..... oh well!

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlue View Post
My car is pretty low, and though the measurement is not exactly for the kind of car you asked about, my Eibachs are similar to yours and you say you are super low.

I find it hard to believe that the lack of weight would lead your car to be as low as it is, but I guess it could be true.
Well i hope thats not the issue. The supercharger is adding about 60lbs. But im swapping my springs with steeda soon and i hope that fixes it. Also with a new set of wheels and tires

Supercharged 2013 mustang 5.0 (race red) BBK LTH, BBK off road X, GT500 axle back, Koni Orange shocks and struts, bmr red panhard bar, steeda lowering springs, custom tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page