Measurment bet. Fender and tire - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Exclamation Measurment bet. Fender and tire

If you have factory springs on, or steeda sport springs- convertable on.
How many inches is the measurment in the front between the fender and tire?
Will help me alot!
Thanks everyone
Appreciate all the help

Yousef

Supercharged 2013 mustang 5.0 (race red) BBK LTH, BBK off road X, GT500 axle back, Koni Orange shocks and struts, bmr red panhard bar, steeda lowering springs, custom tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014
PONY Member

Seriously, you should be asking that question in one of your other threads, about your car being too low, that you started in the last few days.

I watched your history and you also have numerous threads about tires in a short time.

Please open a thread and stick to it, this will be easier to follow for everyone.

Creating multiple posts for the same subject is not good forum etiquette.

I would give you the measurements for my Mustang, but it's a V6 Coupe.

Sorry about this, but a moderator would have gotten to you soon or later

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014
GT Member
5.0L Member

My '13 GT Track Pack coupe is about 2 3/8 front and 3" rear. All stock suspension.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulozzz View Post
Seriously, you should be asking that question in one of your other threads, about your car being too low, that you started in the last few days.

I watched your history and you also have numerous threads about tires in a short time.

Please open a thread and stick to it, this will be easier to follow for everyone.

Seriously, down here we call following someone's history "stalking."

2016 GT/CS. Automatic, convertible. So far 100% stock!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlg View Post
should have said "took a look at your history" instead of "I watched your history" ... no need to follow, history is just a click away.

Can't miss that beautyful red vert in the signature, so easy to know who is posting.

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydashti01 View Post
If you have factory springs on, or steeda sport springs- convertable on.
How many inches is the measurment in the front between the fender and tire?
Will help me alot!
Thanks everyone
Appreciate all the help

Yousef
I kinda wonder if you actually received the springs that you ordered. Have you double checked the part numbers that are marked on the springs themselves? I had a set of Eibach Pro-Plus springs for a while and I don't recall the car being as low as yours appears to be in your pictures.

I do have Steeda Sport springs but they are for the coupe, not the convertible.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulozzz View Post

thank u very much.
and sry if that bothered u

Supercharged 2013 mustang 5.0 (race red) BBK LTH, BBK off road X, GT500 axle back, Koni Orange shocks and struts, bmr red panhard bar, steeda lowering springs, custom tune
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlg View Post
thank you!
i just don't get why he's mad.
you can ignore my thread if u don't like it! your not forced to answer every thread.
not to u carlg

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
I kinda wonder if you actually received the springs that you ordered. Have you double checked the part numbers that are marked on the springs themselves? I had a set of Eibach Pro-Plus springs for a while and I don't recall the car being as low as yours appears to be in your pictures.

I do have Steeda Sport springs but they are for the coupe, not the convertible.
steed makes sports springs for certs too.
and yeah I'm sure i received eibach pro kit springs, but i think I'm going to order steed

Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Convertible Sport Springs - Made in USA 555-8220 - Free Shipping!

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangfreak196 View Post
My '13 GT Track Pack coupe is about 2 3/8 front and 3" rear. All stock suspension.
your answer really helped me
with my eibachs right now, in the front, from fender to tire is about 0.75". so I'm guessing I'm lowered more than an 1" in the front maybe thats why!
its supposed to be roughly around 1.375" with spring that lower the car 1" in the front.
my rear is about 1.5" which is perfect for 1.5" drop from factory hight which is 3"

thanks a lot for this info!

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Y,

The measurment from rim center to fender lip is more useful as it eliminates tire OD variable.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Y,

The measurment from rim center to fender lip is more useful as it eliminates tire OD variable.
thats correct Mud.
didn't think about that.

PONY Member

Mine is 14 3/4 from the front center hub to the inside of the fender.

Mine isn't a convertible though, but I do have the Eibach coil overs.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlue View Post
Mine is 14 3/4 from the front center hub to the inside of the fender.

Mine isn't a convertible though, but I do have the Eibach coil overs.
Are they lowering your car? Or is the ride factory height?

PONY Member

My car is pretty low, and though the measurement is not exactly for the kind of car you asked about, my Eibachs are similar to yours and you say you are super low.

I find it hard to believe that the lack of weight would lead your car to be as low as it is, but I guess it could be true.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page