2012 V6 exhaust choices not named Flowmaster - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2012 V6 exhaust choices not named Flowmaster

Ok so I want to upgrade my stock exhaust on my 2012 V6 but Im not happy with what Ive seen out there so far in terms of sound. I want the deep muscle car sound and everything Ive heard so far has more of a high pitch "rattle" sound. Like angry bees. I want that deep GT sound. Any ideas? Ive listened to every video of Flowmaster and I just dont hear what I want. I checked out Pypes and they sound the same. Corsa is too expensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014
PONY Member
Mustang II Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

How loud you want your exhaust is also going to be part of the decision. I think part of the problem is that you want a v8 muscle car sound from a v6 powered car which is not really going to happen. You don't have 2 more cylinders and the displacement to make the low grumble that you want from a v8 engine. You might be able to get somewhat close if someone else knows of something for a v6 that approaches a deep tone but generally a v6 will always produce more of a raspy or high pitch "rattle" sound like you described.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014
Apprentice

OP I had exactly the same input on my 2011v6 as you. I wanted deepest I could find. I am not saying my setup is the best but IMO it sounded the best based on YouTube video I saw. Here is a link 2011 v6 mustang shorty tuned headers - YouTube

1990 gt: trickflow entire street kit, 36lb injectors, 190 lb fuel pump, c&l 73mm maf, bbk tb, 3.55:1, 17x8/17x10, koni struts and shocks, 130amp alt, etc.... (Too much extras to list) 296rwhp was stolen
2011 v6 280 rwhp headers, axlebacks, Bama 91r tune, airaid, tb, 3.55, many many mods.... Sold
2014 gt procharger stage two, flow master outlaws axles. 565 rwhp

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Borla with Shorty Headers.
Click on the Youtube link to the left at the bottom.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014
GT Member

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014
Apprentice

I tried Bassani axle backs and now have Borla S on my 2012 V6. You'll get more people seeing the thread if you use the 2011+ V6 forum, though. Personally, I liked the bassani, lower growl , but they definitely have an interior drone. My wife couldn't stand it, so now I just found some used Borla- S axle backs, and am trying to sell the bassanis. The Borlas have a higher pitch, but no drone. Like everyone says, you won't get a V8 sound. Funny, though because I hear some pontiac V6's with a low sound. Wonder how GM did it? I am getting shorty headers, so I can keep the stock catalytic converters, and I hope the sound gets a little lower and meaner.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014
Rookie

I put 14 inch magnaflows on the 2012 v6 I had. No drone and a great sound. You have a v6. Deep and rumbley is not really part of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page