New to the Forum and Mustangs - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Smile New to the Forum and Mustangs

Just wanted to say hello. I just bought a 2014 GT but haven't had a chance to see it yet. I'll fly home to pick it up in a few weeks. In the mean time, I'm having a supercharger installed. I've been driving (still will be my daily driver) a 2008 Tacoma. I was always a little underwhelmed by the lack of kick in the pants power of the Taco, thus the Mustang.

Anyway, this seems to be a good natured forum, and I hope I fit in. I'll try not to be a big .

There are only 10 types of people in this world... those that understand binary and those who don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Welcome to the Forum and the Mustang Family.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
Apprentice

Garage
Welcome! What color/options did you get for it?

Also, don't forget to post pictures once you get to see it.

1973 Mach 1 - Medium Aqua, 351c, functional Ram Air
2013 V6 Premium - Deep Impact Blue, MCA, 3:31 gears.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to the forum! Just bought a 14 and having a supercharger installed before you even see it, you are my hero!

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
Californicajun

Welcome to AFM! Glad to have you.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
Apprentice

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. I picked up my '14 GT Premium two months ago and the first thing I still do in the morning, before coffee even, is to look at it in the garage.
Best of luck with your GT- you're going to love it!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
Just wanted to say hello. I just bought a 2014 GT but haven't had a chance to see it yet. I'll fly home to pick it up in a few weeks. In the mean time, I'm having a supercharger installed. I've been driving (still will be my daily driver) a 2008 Tacoma. I was always a little underwhelmed by the lack of kick in the pants power of the Taco, thus the Mustang.

Anyway, this seems to be a good natured forum, and I hope I fit in. I'll try not to be a big .
Welcome to the family! It sounds like you definitely have your work cut out for you! Be sure to post up a picture once you're back, we'd love to see her!

Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
PONY Member

Congrats and welcome and I see you don't waste any time!!

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
Apprentice

OP welcome to the forum. I am kinda new to AFM although spent plenty of time on stagnet with my fox. I will second, once you get it take some pictures, and in the meantime, what supercharger did you go with and what color and options did you get?

1990 gt: trickflow entire street kit, 36lb injectors, 190 lb fuel pump, c&l 73mm maf, bbk tb, 3.55:1, 17x8/17x10, koni struts and shocks, 130amp alt, etc.... (Too much extras to list) 296rwhp was stolen
2011 v6 280 rwhp headers, axlebacks, Bama 91r tune, airaid, tb, 3.55, many many mods.... Sold
2014 gt procharger stage two, flow master outlaws axles. 565 rwhp
Rookie

Welcome! You will love your '14 GT. It never stops being fun to drive.
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Welcome to the sickness! A supercharger right off the bat? You ain't screwing around!! Which one did you go with?

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

It is white and has the GT Brembo brake package. The interior is pretty spartan, but I was more concerned with putting money over the front axle than shiny stuff inside. I have always wanted a quick car and had been shopping for a used '05+ to build up, but this one popped up for a good deal. I sold a few rifles and now, off we go to the races.

I went with the Roush stage 1, with the stage 3 kit on order. I plan on getting used to the stage 1 HP before I go loco with any more ridiculousness. I was also thinking about switching to the Roush axle back exhaust, but I want to hear the stock before I do that.

I bought a plane ticket to fly out and get it in a couple of weeks, as soon as I get there, I'll post pics. As for now, I'll keep browsing around the forums.

There are only 10 types of people in this world... those that understand binary and those who don't.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

The pictures that sold me on it. I hope most folks only see the tail lights though.

GT Member
S197 Member

Nice!! Congrats and get the Roush exhaust....the stock mufflers are way to tame.

2010 Shelby GT500 Coupe
Grabber Blue w/white stripes, HID's, FRPP Suspension, Borla Stingers.
2014 GT Convertible
5.0, Auto, Prem, Gotta Have It Green, Cloth top, 20"Bullits, Magnaflow Street axlebacks
SOLD-(July 2 2009)2006 Mustang GT,FRPP/Whipple HO Supercharger, Satin Silver, 5spd manual, 3.55's and much more.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdvision View Post
Nice!! Congrats and get the Roush exhaust....the stock mufflers are way to tame.
Thank you.

I like the idea of a sleeper, but I've heard the Roush is fairly tape at idle, but opens up when you get on it. I'm still on the fence about it. The mustang will mostly make trips to Midland from Killeen for the next 6 months, so cruising noise is also important to me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page