Stock Pirelli 18" PZeros' noise - heads-up - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Stock Pirelli 18" PZeros' noise - heads-up

I had been experiencing really bad tire noise on my new 5.0 for a few thousand miles, to the point I was recently starting to think that something else/worse was wrong. It started at about 8,000 miles at highway speeds, and was really getting bad at all speeds by 13,000 miles, so I had my dealer look at it when I had my car in for inspection this year.

The dealer did an alignment and rotated the tires under warranty (they checked the balance of all four but it was not off). Made a huge difference. I still have some faint tire noise, far more subdued, but my service manager said it may go away and to just "do a few burnouts" ha

I just wanted to let you all know my experience, though, because they said my car was only slightly out of alignment, meaning the stock Pirellis must be very sensitive to proper alignment and regular rotation. I used to run Kumho Ecstas for 40,000 miles on my 2000 GT before they sounded like this.

Now for those burnouts.

Black 2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 w/401A package and 3.31s

Black 2000 Mustang GT (owned 2001-2013, sold at 177,000 miles)

Brown 1971 Triumph TR6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
Rookie

Thanks for the info! If I notice the tires getting unusually noisy I will focus on the alignment immediately.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page