2014 Mustang GT Whistling Noise Inside Rear - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2014 Mustang GT Whistling Noise Inside Rear

Whistling noise coming from the rear window area at 50 mph and higher. Took it into the dealership and was told that it was wind noise, and normal characteristics of the car. Seems to me this is more than just wind noise. All of my passengers hear it and ask what is that? The whistling is beyond annoying. Anyone having this kind of issue, any recommendations out there?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

I have a 2011 GT, and mine is quiet other than the A/B exhaust.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Are your front windows sealing properly? What about the trunk, is it making good contact with the gasket? Those are just about the only two places I can think of that might cause a whistling noise?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
RandomForumGuy

If you have louvers that will most likely be the spot. Whether it be old style looking ones, or the Eleanor kind. i had the same problem as you, so i checked the louvers and it turns out the 3m tape on one side came loose and caused the noise.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yes, the front windows are sealed, definitely not coming from there. The dealership identified where the whistling is coming from, behind the driver...rear window area. He stated he drove other mustangs on the lot and stated it was normal for the mustang. I will check out the trunk idea...thanks.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

I don't have louvers, however since you had the same issue wonder if it could be the window that is in place of the louvers. I will check that. Thanks.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
GT Member
5.0L Member

Mine doesn't whistle at all. I think the dealer just doesn't want to deal with the problem, imagine that...

The only thing I have that kinda drives me nuts is a rattling in the map lights. I gotta see whats in there thats loose.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

these are the types of repairs that are a hassle. I suggest another dealer if you can't get this one to help. Mine does NOT whistle and I would ask for a ride along in another to see (hear) what the dealer is talking about.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmustang View Post
Whistling noise coming from the rear window area at 50 mph and higher. Took it into the dealership and was told that it was wind noise, and normal characteristics of the car. Seems to me this is more than just wind noise. All of my passengers hear it and ask what is that? The whistling is beyond annoying. Anyone having this kind of issue, any recommendations out there?
Hello ckmustang,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I recommend you get a second opinion at a different Ford Dealer. Also, let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area if needed. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page