Sync stopped working? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Sync stopped working?

so all of a sudden my phone button on my steering wheel stopped working. The phone button on the dash also does not work and the usb hookups do not either. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbirmann16 View Post
so all of a sudden my phone button on my steering wheel stopped working. The phone button on the dash also does not work and the usb hookups do not either. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
This happened to me a couple of weeks back, Sync module burnt out, if your car is under warranty take it to the dealer.

You may want to try and reset the module to see if it just needs a reboot. Pull the fuse for Sync (located underneath your glove box, check your manual) for 15 minutes and put it back in.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
Old 07-17-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
I had that happen once. I think I disconnected the battery and reconnected it. You could give that a show first.

Old 07-17-2014
Apprentice

That sucks. If I lost sync I'd be pissed

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Manual, Black, C&L Racer Intake w/ Bama Perf tune
Old 07-18-2014
Apprentice

this happened to me 3 weeks after I bought the car, I pulled over and pulled the sync fuse under the passenger foot area and put back in 5 min later and it was fixed.

just pull the fuse and your all good
Old 07-18-2014
GT Member

This happened to me constantly in the first 2 years of driving the car. Went away with updates.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Old 07-20-2014
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbirmann16 View Post
Hi dalbirmann16,

I'm going to agree with 50blackout and Neighsayer11. It sounds like a fuse pull is in order. This should save you a trip to the dealership.

With the engine turned off, remove fuse #3 for a minimum of 3 minutes before replacing it. You'll find more information on page 226 of your owner's manual: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo.../11musog3e.pdf

Kim

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in