Well, Just Bought the ESP. Less Worries. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Well, Just Bought the ESP. Less Worries.

My car purchase is 3 years past, and I decided to get the ESP. I got the "Premium" 3 year, full-boat, bumper-to-bumper, $50 deductible, Ford ESP.

I had it on my last Mustang, and it saved my butt in repair costs.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014
GT Member

Can you tell us what that cost you and how many miles on your vehicle right now?

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

$1323.00 @30k miles. Premium coverage, with the $50 deductible.

They even offer 0 interest payments over 18 months, so I did that.

I like knowing it's covered, worth every penny. They're Fords, they break. With the transmission and suspension issues these cars have, I'm not interested in risking it. If I sell the car, I get the pro-rated amount back.

Here's what's covered, the different plans. The standard deductible is $100. It was about $100 more to go to the $50 deductible. No brainer.
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...ESPWizardStep1

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I can't believe I've had this car for 3 years. Time just flies.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014
GT Member

Yes Time will Fly when your having fun. That is a very good deal. Not sure what type of modifications you have done to your car, but will that ESP have possible issues with warranties and aftermarket parts like the original warranty. Just Asking.

I believe I financed an extended warranty when I purchased the car up to 100K. I need to find that paperwork again. I have done quite a bit to my car that might cause warranty issues but I am crossing my fingers and keep on modding.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDmustang13 View Post
Yes Time will Fly when your having fun. That is a very good deal. Not sure what type of modifications you have done to your car, but will that ESP have possible issues with warranties and aftermarket parts like the original warranty. Just Asking.

I believe I financed an extended warranty when I purchased the car up to 100K. I need to find that paperwork again. I have done quite a bit to my car that might cause warranty issues but I am crossing my fingers and keep on modding.
I have heavily modded my car!!!!!

I started with deep pile, plush, soft and comfortable after-market floor mats. Other than that, just a Bama tune, and they cover #8 cylinder issues, so no worries there.

My worries are with the suspension and transmission. That stuff can get spendy to repair.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Good deal

I got ESP's on both Mustangs right from the get go, I saved so much on the initial purchase price of both cars that ESP's were a no brainer for me. It's nice having that extra peace of mind.

The 2012 is 7 year/84k miles and the 2014 is 7 year/77k miles (not sure the reason for the mileage drop, but at the rate we are putting miles on ours we'll hit the 7 years first).

The only 2 other minor difference between the 2 is that on my wife's even the clutch DISC (normally a wear item like tires) is covered. It isn't on mine; and hers has no deductible after the OEM 3/36 warranty expires, mine has a $100 deductible after OEM expiration.

Major mods have never been in the cards for us, I am expecting (hint hint) a set of GT-500's for my birthday in a few months and that's really about it, and all my wife wants is some 2013-2014 style splatter guards that, conveniently enough AM sells-neither being warranty killers.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014
Rookie

NoVa5.0, when does the coverage begin. I thought the ESP began from the vehicles in-service date, which would be when you drove off the lot when new, or am I mistaken ?

2011 Black Coupe
V6/M6
3.31 gears
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTStangr View Post
NoVa5.0, when does the coverage begin. I thought the ESP began from the vehicles in-service date, which would be when you drove off the lot when new, or am I mistaken ?
An ESP is an extension of your warranty, with different coverage levels available. Of course, it's actually an insurance policy, but never mind that. So, once the factory 3/36 runs out, the ESP takes over. I bought the top-O'-the-line ESP, so it's just like the original warranty.

Still, it's not like they charge you double for the initial 3/36 if you buy the ESP when you buy the car. It just extends the warranty.

Rookie

NoVa5.0, Thanks for the reply.

2011 Black Coupe
V6/M6
3.31 gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page