2013mustang Front end noise (video) please help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2013mustang Front end noise (video) please help

Hi,
Newbie here. 1st mustang/ second owner to this vehicle still under warranty. Im experiencing a light grinding feedback that I can feel in both pedals that gets worse when I turn (feels like im driving over light gravel all the time) . When I stop, the car groans from the front. I included two videos to help diagnose. Is this noise in video normal? I brang car to dealer 3x and they keep saying they hear no noise and they refuse to even take the wheels off to check it because they say they hear nothing. They said its probably my brakes but I pulled pads/rotors and they look great wich led me to the noise in videos. Thx for your time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR_xbooDdDo VIDEO0406 - YouTube

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

heres the other video

VIDEO0406 - YouTube

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014
BOSS Member

Not, that is not normal

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014
GT Member

Take the video to another dealer. The one you went to seems worthless. Don't forget to give them a garbage review. That is not normal.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014
Apprentice

No way that is normal. You have video proof it as well. Unless you have other dealers nearby I'd call Ford up and get a tech sent out to fix it and call out the horrible mechanics they have there. Seems as if they are going by the "oh unless it is broken completely we won't fix it to prevent the problem"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

I would have Deysha, our Ford Customer Service Rep on this site look into this,she will get it taken care of for you,NO way is that normal.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014
PONY Member

Sounds like your brake 'dust shield' making the sound to me . just saying.....

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstang13 View Post
Hi,
Newbie here. 1st mustang/ second owner to this vehicle still under warranty. I'm experiencing a light grinding feedback that I can feel in both pedals that gets worse when I turn (feels like I'm driving over light gravel all the time) . When I stop, the car groans from the front. I included two videos to help diagnose. Is this noise in video normal? I brought car to dealer 3x and they keep saying they hear no noise and they refuse to even take the wheels off to check it because they say they hear nothing. They said its probably my brakes but I pulled pads/rotors and they look great which led me to the noise in videos. Thx for your time!
Hello Firstang13,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I recommend you go on a test drive with your tech/service advisor. This way you can show them what youre experiencing. Also, Id like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
I would have Deysha, our Ford Customer Service Rep on this site look into this,she will get it taken care of for you,NO way is that normal.
Thank you for the mention, 5.0 Coyote!

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page