Ford Mustang Forum banner

Anti-theft tips?

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  freewayflyer 
#1 ·
Thanks to my neighbors for scaring the kid off in the act, I've still got my car and window intact. Does anyone have any help for short term anti-theft until I can get around to putting in a switch this weekend? It was a smash and grab number, not a professional job. The same perp has tried my neighbors twice, been caught both times. Needless, he's not very good but I'd rather not risk it more than I have to. It's a 2012 GT 6r80. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Also, is the fuel pump wiring still under the drivers seat like older mustangs?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

G
#2 ·
Well if he doesnt have the key he cant start it if he has a transponder chip in it. Another thing is a good car cover. Also if you have another car, block it in so even if he does start it he cant get out.

#3 ·
Stay up with a 12 gauge, and when he comes by load a round in the chamber. More than likely he won't be coming back.

Besides this, I'd invest in a security cam. I have a cheap $200 one. Just put a note in the windshield saying smile you're on camera.

#5 ·
i always park the less wanted vehicles behind my mustang and if its parked quit often ive even removed a wheel before..probably sounds crazy but unless they are rolling around with a mustang lug pattern spare then they arent leaving with anything.. or sometimes just disconnect the battery (i run a 94 so it really doesnt effect much being disconnected like that) but most people who are trying for a quick get away arent going to want to open up the hood and start fidding around with wires and flashlights.. the camera is a great idea too but mustangs part out quick (im assuming he would be sending it to a chop shop and not driving it around ) the camera might catch him but it wont get your car back so i would go the camera route and stack a few others on top of it oh and hook up some motion detector flood lights some megggggga bright ones that way the whole friggin block will light up if they are set off good luck though! i live in fl now and mustang theft is huggggggggge down here

#6 ·
Seems odd a kid would try to steal the car, more likely he wants to steal parts from it. I'd go with a motion sensor flood light aimed at the car along with a security camera. When the light kicks on they should run away, if not the camera will capture them on tape.

#7 ·
Smash & grab means that he was trying to break in to steal something (not the whole car). I really like the shocker thingy. I may get one of these for one of my cars.

#8 ·
I'm always worried about my car getting stolen.. Since it's black, everyone seems to notice it.. Need to check with my insurance and see how much they pay if they can't get my car back.. I own guns, but I wouldn't shoot a guy for stealing my car.. But if they break in my house, well, that's a different story...
I do have stickers outside my front and back doors warning them, you will be shot...

#11 ·
That's why you put rock salt in your 12G shells!

#9 ·
even without a camera, put the sign "smile your on camera" on the driver + pass windows. It will still probably work.

#15 ·
Why not buy the comprehensive insurance and get it covered?

#17 ·
To avoid "smash & grab", just make sure NOTHING is visible in your interior. I don't like any clutter in my car, so when someone looks inside, there's nothing to get his/her interest.

I like the idea of a note. But to be most effective, it should be grammatically correct, "Smile, you're on a camera."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.