Ford Mustang Forum banner

New to the fourm

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  konabluev6 
#1 ·
Hey y'all, first off let me by saying my name is Tyler and I currently drive a 2003 toyota camry, but after going to the dealership the other day and test driving mustangs, I fell in love with it. I'm either looking for am 12-14 mustang. But here's my concern, I hear people say the V6 mustangs are "chick" cars and I just wanted all of your opinions. Also, I drove a convertible and liked it a lot, does driving a convertible also make it a "chick" car?

Thanks for reading
-Tyler

#2 ·
Welcome to the site Tyler! Drive what you like and only worry about making yourself happy. There are guys on here that have v6's that will destroy some v8's. Your the one paying for it so get what makes sense for you. Best of luck.

#4 ·
Personally I have always just liked a hard roof over my head. I have never been in a newer model and the old ones just never impressed me. They were a little noisy and I would imagine you would feel the cold but some people wouldn't want anything but one. To each their own, best of luck. By the way how bout them Eagles! 2-0 originally from PA huge lifelong fan.

#7 ·
Welcome to AFM, Tyler.

No, V6's are not chick cars.

Yes there are some who will give you grief over getting a V6 instead of a V8, but most of them that do have problems finding a ruler small enough to measure their urination utensil so they feel the need to belittle other people, especially on the internet-pay them no mind. yoda.gif

Personally- and this is just a personal note, I had to have a V8 because of the sound it makes. They could come out with a 3.7 V6 from the factory tomorrow that had the same 420 hp/390 Ft-Lbs TQ that I have now in my GT and I would still get the 8, and its all because of the sound a V8 makes. I'm addicted, I have to have it.

That said there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the V6 if that's the way you want to go-heck for the money nothing beats a fully optioned V6 Premium or even an MCA edition!

As for Verts, the only reason I don't have one is that I didn't think it was worth the extra $$$$ they were asking just to get a top that someone with a sharp knife could just cut their way through and be in the car in nothing flat- I prefer hardtops. There are times, however, that I would think being able to put the top down while cruising on a nice day would be really sweet! If our cars had a Targa-top like mid 80's 911's or even T-Tops like the old Fox's had, I would have had that in a heart beat!!

Anyway, while we are discussing man versus chick cars, here s an example of each:

Man Car:

Chick Car:

As you can plainly see, there are 5.0 emblems on both of them. As my wife has famously said, "A girl can never have too much power!"

So I guess I never did understand where all this V6's are chick cars business comes from, myself.

I think you will find you would enjoy the power/torque/sound that a GT will give you, but if you decide that a V6 is where its at for you, then I got your back 110%. If anyone here gives ya any problems, send em to me, I got a lil' something for them snap.gifbanned.gif

#9 ·
Welcome to AFM, Tyler.

No, V6's are not chick cars.

Yes there are some who will give you grief over getting a V6 instead of a V8, but most of them that do have problems finding a ruler small enough to measure their urination utensil so they feel the need to belittle other people, especially on the internet-pay them no mind. yoda.gif

LOL, now that's funny. The more clinical description would be that they are very insecure within themselves.

Mustangs have had sixes in them since they first rolled off the production line in 64. And they continue to today. Why? Because people like them and buy them. There is a ton of Mustangs around where I live and by far the majority of them are sixes. A 2011+ six puts out the kind of hp the previous year V8 had.

Get what you can afford to buy and insure, make it your own and enjoy it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
Man, drive what you like and take pride in your ownership. Like another poster pointed out, some on the forums/net like to insult the pride others have in their ride in order to boost their own self esteem.

I loved my V6 "slightly modified" V6 convertible and had loads of fun driving and working on it. When I purchased my 14 GT/CS, I was going to get a convertible, but then saw the glass roof and loved the view......best of both worlds.

Oh, by the way, welcome to the forums!

Jedi D.

Attachments

#11 ·
Some like the V6 and 300 hp. Some like the convertible. I like 400hp and the glass roof premi. Very interested in the new S550 with the four banger twin turbo. Big reduction in front weight!

BUY WHAT MAKES YOU SMILE!!!

#12 ·
Welcome to the site. Like everyone else said, buy what you can afford and what you like. Don't pay any mind to what anyone else says and you will enjoy the car for a long time (of course you will be modding it along the way). I am with Rich on the sound though.

Rob

#14 ·
Welcome

I have both a coupe (2010) and a convertible (GT 2014). The convertible is just awesome, it really doesn´t sacrifice anything to the hardtop in terms of daily driving needs comfort or space. I´m really enjoying the convertible and driving top down as much as weather allows.

I´m a V8 guy. To me the V8 is what makes a Mustang for many reasons, including the engine sound, power and other upgrades (better suspension mainly). That being said, the current V6 is a great car as well, they now also have LSDs and the V6 has as much power (and more) than older V8 cars, so its not a slouch by any means.

I find it funny when they "tag" the Mustang as a secretary car / rental fleet car, or chick car... I can´t imagine a more macho car than either of the 3 current pony cars (Mustang, Challenger and Camaro) even in V6 or convertible.... I think "chicks" that drive Mustangs are awesome! and they are women that love cars instead of driving the usual crossover that most women drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.