MGW Race Spec and Borla S-Type Stingers on the way! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

MGW Race Spec and Borla S-Type Stingers on the way!

Hey Guys,

Excited to say I just ordered the MGW Race Spec shifter to replace the stock one and a set of Borla S-Type Stingers to help give the Mustang a better sound. Looking forward to getting these installed once they come and will try to give you guys the best review I can once they are on! Let me know if you guys (or gals) have any questions about either!

- R4z3r

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015
Apprentice

Garage
Can't wait for the review. I already have the "regular" MGW and love it. But I'm seriously considering the race spec upgrade. Hurry up! lol

2013 5.0 Track Pack. Special ordered new by me.
401A, Navigation, Roush AB, Boss 302 side exhaust, Steed CAI, ProDyno Tune, MGW Race Spec, MRT Louvers, MRT Hood Struts, Roush Hood Scoop
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015
GT Member

couple of nice mods man!!!! youre going to love, love, love the Race Spec, installed mine a few agos and absolutely love it! its like the bolt action on a rifle now

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015
PONY Member

@scott_0 did you run the original MGW or another short throw beforehand? I want a race spec... if there's enough difference.

2014 Sterling Gray GT Premium with silver stripes / MT-82 / Brembo / Recaro
Steeda Sports | Koni Yellows | BMR Panhard and LCA Brackets
MGW shifter | Borla S-types
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015
GT Member

your about the effing love the ##$% out of your car. I just ordered the MRT 304 stainless 3 inch H Pipe for my borla tourings. That should wake them up a bit without being to loud.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015
Banned

It's going to be awesome.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015
PONY Member

Oh. And I freaking love the stingers. You're going to grin up every onramp and rumbling under every underpass.

And they truly are SILENT at cruise until you reach 80+ MPH, and even then they're not objectionable at all. I will never buy another Flowmaster product. Ever. Borla is worth the extra money on every highway trip you make.

The right muffler goes in effortlessly. Pick up a set of metric ratcheting combination wrenches (you can't squeeze even a wlswivel socket in there) to drop the black bracket that holds the left muffler hangers to the body. The panhard bar makes that muffler tougher, but drop that and it's cake.

2014 Sterling Gray GT Premium with silver stripes / MT-82 / Brembo / Recaro
Steeda Sports | Koni Yellows | BMR Panhard and LCA Brackets
MGW shifter | Borla S-types
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntoy View Post
And they truly are SILENT at cruise until you reach 80+ MPH, and even then they're not objectionable at all.
+1! I have 3.73's and notice a nice rumble once I reach 70 mph. NO DRONE. The only problems I have with them is they can easily be cop magnets with a little extra go pedal and they can wake up your neighbors on a cold start. Ask me how I know......
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015
Rookie

I look forward to your review of the Race Spec!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntoy View Post
@scott_0 did you run the original MGW or another short throw beforehand? I want a race spec... if there's enough difference.
I had a Barton, the Barton was a solid shifter, I was really happy with it but decided to try the Race Spec when it was announced, it is an awesome shifter!!! its really like the bolt action of a rifle now compared to the Barton that uses the ****** stock linkage, I used to have a grind and/or nibble going into second and third, with the Race Spec, I no longer have that

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Just got the Borla S-Type stingers installed. First, easy install considering the cold weather (living in the north east it's a bit cold and icy) but they went on in about an hour and a half with ramps. Starting it up was great and it has a nice, noticeable sound to it. It has a great tone, it's deep but when idling once warmed up it's nice and quiet (great for the Girlfriend Approval Factor).

With that said, normal driving has a nice sound, it's certainly louder but still easily allows me to listen to the radio, talk on the phone, etc. in the car without having to worry. I love the sound when accelerating and shifting, it has a nice gurgle / popping to it which always puts a grin on my face. On the highway though, cruising at 70mph I had no issues whatsoever and it was silent. Quick downshift with some nice sound and you can call attention to yourself, but if I'm just relaxed cruising alone I wouldn't call a ton of attention to myself...well...when I'm not enjoying the engine.

Easily though, worth the extra cost. You can tell that Borla takes pride in their product and builds very high quality products.

I had debated getting the Borla ATAK's, but am glad I didn't. This has a great amount of volume, tone, and character without going overboard (for me at least).

Let me know if you guys want to know anything specific about the Borla's and I'll do my best to give as much info as I can if anyone wants some solid info about these.

Haven't gotten the MGW Race Spec yet, when I spoke with them they said it would hopefully ship this week. Really looking forward to getting it and getting it in the car so I can fix the shifting on this thing. I've had enough weird lockouts and problems with 2nd gear that a nice, high quality shifter will make a world of difference. And it will help when I want to push the car some If the MGW makes me smile even half as much as the Borla's do, this was the best thing that could happen to this car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page