Good deal on 2012 V6 convertable? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Good deal on 2012 V6 convertable?

Ever since totaling my 2013 V6 I have been left wanting another. Specially one with 3.73 gears!

I managed to find a 2012 V6 auto convertible for 11k with a clean title and 78K on the clock. It does have some wear and was a rental for the first 30K or so and a lease thereafter.

Im thinking I could wait until the middle/end of feb and offer 10K(finance) since its been at the dealer the last 3 months and marked down twice already.

Its white and has the typical long nails type cosmetic damage inside on the knobs and steering wheel but for the money I dont think I can do better.

Obviously ill be installing 3.73's if I do buy it, What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015
PONY Member

I'd run from that car. If you alow for 20,000 miles a year, that is tons of miles for a 12. And you know how rental cars are treated. I understand impatience, I have not patience. This being winter there are bound to be more cars showing up. I'd wait for the new Mustang convertible to come out, the s197 verts will take a hit in value when that happens.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmc1488 View Post
I'd run from that car. If you alow for 20,000 miles a year, that is tons of miles for a 12. And you know how rental cars are treated. I understand impatience, I have not patience. This being winter there are bound to be more cars showing up. I'd wait for the new Mustang convertible to come out, the s197 verts will take a hit in value when that happens.
More than 10K is really pushing it for me, of course my last stang was a previous "rental" car till 40k so I know sort of what to expect. In my area, Western NC, there really isnt much of a selection if any. The dealers that get cars like mustangs all have them priced much higher than they are in the big cities. I assume my local dealers do this because they pretty much have no competition.

The only other options are some 2011 manual V6's I found in Atlanta for 12-13K. But they were one owner cars.

I hesitate on those because I dont exactly want to learn manual on a 300+ HP car. But I might have to!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015
PONY Member

I think it's a good price myself. Here is a nice looking premium V6 convertible on cars.com for $16K. Not as good a price but, good looking convertible. Automatic transmission, security package and those nice looking polished wheels. 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium, $15,991 - Cars.com

2011 White V6 Premium Convertible Mustang
Automatic Transmission
Ford Navigation
Stone Leather Heated Seats
Reverse Camera
Magnaflow Street Axle Back Mufflers
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015
GT Member

If it checks out mechanically and fits in with your plans that is a good price obviously.

Rental companies do maintainance regularly and not everyone beats on them....

But remember the value will be lower and resale and put people off since its on the Carfax.

Now: 2016 Mustang GT Fastback-Magnetic Metallic, Ford Racing Touring axle-backs, Ford Racing front strut and k-brace, K&N CAI, sound tube delete, 1975 Corvette Coupe-L48, 4-speed

Past Lives: 2001 Corvette Z51 Coupe, 2012 Mustang Grabber Blue Coupe, 2008 Mustang Torch Red Vert, 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, 1985 Nissan 300ZX, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 1972 Fiat 124 Vert, 1971 Chevelle, 1970 Challenger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page