Hood replacement - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmv6 View Post
Man, I wonder what those aluminum-bodied F150s are going to look like after a couple of hard winters...
maybe Ford will ground the vehicle with one of those rubber things that drag on the road. LOL

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
Looks good. Are you going to try to block the scoop to prevent debris from getting in?
Thanks. And yes I want to block the scoop, anybody done this before or have any ideas?

2011 V6 Kona Blue, MT, 3.55's, airaid cai, 93R tune, BBK shorty headers, 2.5" exhaust, GT axle-backs, BMR rear LCAs, pony package, comfort package
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post
maybe Ford will ground the vehicle with one of those rubber things that drag on the road. LOL
Nah, you'll slam the door one day and, *poof*, the body will disintegrate into a cloud of dust.

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by konatown View Post
Thanks. And yes I want to block the scoop, anybody done this before or have any ideas?
You could install the Cervini ram air kit

I don't think this will fit your car, but I'm sure there are other ones out there like it.

Cervini's Functional Mustang Ram Air Kit for Ram Air Hood 8031 (05-09 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
You could install the Cervini ram air kit

I don't think this will fit your car, but I'm sure there are other ones out there like it.

Cervini's Functional Mustang Ram Air Kit for Ram Air Hood 8031 (05-09 GT, V6) - Free Shipping
Cervinis does have a ramair kit for the stalker hood supposedly, but you also need a CAI if you don't already have one as the hood may not close with the stock air box. Ask me how I know

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by konatown View Post
after waiting for what seemed like an eternity for the shop to paint my Cervini's hood, I finally have it replaced and am very happy with it.
Still trying to get rid of my old hood if anyone is interested let me know.

The Hood looks great!!! Which one was this again and did you add the heat extractors afterwords? Also what did you pay to get it painted?

88GT convertible
11V6 pony package
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I'm going to call this week and make sure Cervinis ram air kit will fit my specific hood. Neighsayer, I already have a CAI so hopefully that won't be an issue.
Go4broke, mine is the Cervinis stalker II hood. $500 to paint it at a local shop where they mixed the paint to match my color. You can order it from Cervinis painted for an additional $375 I think, I didn't trust that to actually match my paint.

2011 V6 Kona Blue, MT, 3.55's, airaid cai, 93R tune, BBK shorty headers, 2.5" exhaust, GT axle-backs, BMR rear LCAs, pony package, comfort package
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Called Cervinis and they said don't have a ram air kit for the V6 yet and the GT air intake box is in a slightly different location so the GT ram air kit wort work. Anybody have any thoughts?

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

After waiting a couple weeks I called Cervini's back and they said they had the new product I was looking for - A V6 ram air kit for my Stalker II hood. Placed the order and got the product within about 1.5 weeks, no hardware was in the box or any instructions/layout for where to drill holes in my NEW HOOD. So I got some heat resistant double sided tape and held the ram air kit in place while drilling holes with my other hand which was very difficult. Had to trim my Airaid CAI box which wasn't a bid deal. By far the most disappointing component of this install was the fact that the inlet sits right on top of my stock throttle body, making it difficult to even shut the hood. I could potentially trim the inlet but that would potentially allow water to access the front of the engine block where belts are located. I have called Cervini's but haven't gotten any help yet.
I don't see any way around this problem of the inlet tube sitting on the TB. I can't believe they would design a product that would fit so poorly and began selling it about 1 month ago. I plan to call one more time and hopefully they have designed a new product or will return my $99.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1610.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	455682   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1607.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	766.8 KB
ID:	455690   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1605.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	884.2 KB
ID:	455698  

Apprentice

Holly hell that engine compartment looks like someone emptied a dumptruck in it. Shame on Cervini for not making a block-off piece for that scoop. Its ridiculous that you had to cut up your CAI and it still doesn't fit as well. I would be chewing someone's ass for that. Hood looks great from the outside though.
GT Member
S197 Member

Garage
I solver the problem on my son's car with this. He loves it, and I think it makes the car really stand out. For a 4.0 he always gets comments on how nice it looks.

Howelldaddy
89 LX Notch: Floo-Tek 5.0X heads, GT-40 intake, B-303 cam, Dynamic 3800 converter, 4.10:1 gears & lots of suspension work. 12.50 @ 106.42 MPH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
hood , replacement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page