Official Ford Recall for 2005-2014 Mustangs - Takata Airbag Issue - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Same status here.

2011 V6 Convertible, Premium, Red Candy, White side stripes, Pony badges on fenders, auto headlights, lower fogs coming soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I installed clocksprings and replaced deployed airbags for a city fleet bodyshop from 1st gen bags in 1990 until 8 yrs ago when I retired. I saw some crazy stuff, but never a shrapnel issue. I can put an airbag in a steering wheel in 10 minutes or less. That's not counting disconnecting the battery and donning a static discharge harness. ( neither one of which I ever bothered with ) It is not an invasive op.
Passenger side bags present a whole different litany of potential issues including damaged mounting tabs, broken dash facia, broken rear view mirrors, vent assemblies coming loose, etc.
We even fired them off in the patrol cars after all the equipment was installed, to see if anything was in the bag path, while filming with a super high speed camera.

PONY Member

Garage
How will I get my notice to get mine taken care of and who will send it to me? I live in Georgia, but I flew up to Maryland to buy my car and drive it back...

2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual
Major Mods:
ProCharger P-1SC-1 Stage II, MGW Race Spec Shifter, Eibach Sportline Springs

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenashus1 View Post
Flummoxed by that.

I take it to mean that they don't have the replacement part(s) yet. I took mine to the dealership about five weeks ago because the service advisor said that if I bring it in, they can "order" the part(s). I'm kind of thinking that's not true because when I called for an update a month later she then told me that, at some point and they don't know when, that large dealerships, which they are, will receive large shipments of the replacement part(s). They have no clue when that will be. Fortunately my car isn't my DD - I drive it about once per week.

2008 Mustang GT Premium, coupe, GT500-esque conversion, standard, torch red w/dark charcoal interior, K&N CAI, BBK twin 62mm throttle body, BBK tuned shorty headers, SCT SF3 / X3 Power Flash Preloaded Custom Tuner, Steeda UDPs, MGW shifter, 18" chrome GT500 wheels, turn signal side mirrors. Torch Red Registry #249

2013 Lexus RX350, 270 HP V6, Fire Agate/Parchment

Rookie

Mine's in for some other repairs and they said I have the recall but no idea when parts will be available. Looking around I read this long but fun read about engineers and recalls in general. How Do We Build a Safer Car? - The New Yorker Read somewhere that Toyota has advised to put a sticker on the dash telling passenger's not to ride in that seat. lol
Rookie

I was told recently that replacement units would be available in November here in Florida. I guess untill then I will have to keep wearing my brass divers helmet while enjoying my ride!!!
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski View Post
I was told recently that replacement units would be available in November here in Florida. I guess untill then I will have to keep wearing my brass divers helmet while enjoying my ride!!!
November? that's unexpected.

Thanks for the info.

Off to get a helmet now

Rookie

Received first letter

All.
I received my recall letter today. It is a letter stated the recall and to be on the look out for a second letter once the parts are available.

Aroski
huberoy123 likes this.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroski View Post
All.
I received my recall letter today. It is a letter stated the recall and to be on the look out for a second letter once the parts are available.

Aroski
Same here!
Apprentice

Notice came today

Got my notice today on the recall. Waiting for parts notification.
tycat947 likes this.

Ray
2011 Grabber Blue V6 Premium Convertible. Mustang Club of America and Comfort Package.
Apprentice

Got my notice today too. No real information, as there is no projected date for when the remedy becomes available.

And the NBC national news had a whole item involving the Takata recall and rental Mustangs.

Last edited by tmv6; 07-28-2015 at 01:43 AM.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Got my official notice in the mail today too, for both Mustangs. I am now officially on the hurry up and wait list.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Received my notice as well in the mail. Waiting on parts.

2019 Velocity Blue GT 6m Premium
401a
Black Out Package
B&O Stereo
Active Valve Exhaust
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Got mine Wednesday as well.... no parts available yet! but at least I know I'm on the waiting list... went on to tell me they will let me know when parts become available;NO time line at all...does this mean within the next month; 3 months or next year?
FORD, you gotta do better... took months to get to this recall notice," as parts become available" are you kidding us?????? how do they NOT know an approximation at the very least!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Silly little game. If there were a class action lawsuit going on there might be a quicker response. My 2005 Durango is on the list as well. I'm not holding my breath since it's a voluntary recall and everything. In reality....there is no way possible that all of the vehicles affected will ever get retrofits. Matter of fact...I think it would be stupid to think that it will ever happen. The consumer ranks last in the food chain. It has been and always shall be. No penalties for those manufacturers that knowingly put out bad parts or faulty equipment. You are a statistic waiting to happen. That's all there is to it these days. How do you feel now?

Black means black. If there is any chrome involved, it's not black anymore. Just sayin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
airbag , takata

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page