Ford Sync Update: About time... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gManTexas View Post
Thanks, but I guess I have to register with Ford to access it.
Hey gManTexas,

csamsh is right. That link will give you the information you're looking for but it does require you to register to access the updates.

Whitney

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Okay, so that didn't go too well. I completed the update and now my CD/RW backup CD that played before can no longer be read. I also had to delete my phone and now it won't pair again. It appears my iPhone 5S won't take 6 digits as the PIN, I tried most truncations of 4 and 5 digits that I could think of too but no luck. Not impressed.<br>

Apprentice

Found this, I will try it shortly. It looks like it will work.

Reverse Pair your Phone with Ford SYNC | SYNC Help | Official Ford Owner Site

Apprentice

I think it's actually a CD-R that won't play. Will try some more discs today.
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti1234 View Post
Okay, so that didn't go too well. I completed the update and now my CD/RW backup CD that played before can no longer be read. I also had to delete my phone and now it won't pair again. It appears my iPhone 5S won't take 6 digits as the PIN, I tried most truncations of 4 and 5 digits that I could think of too but no luck. Not impressed.<br>
Quote:
Found this, I will try it shortly. It looks like it will work.

Reverse Pair your Phone with Ford SYNC | SYNC Help | Official Ford Owner Site
Quote:
I think it's actually a CD-R that won't play. Will try some more discs today.
Yeti1234,

You need to remove SYNC from your phone in order to pair it again. If you're getting a message (after selecting SYNC from your Bluetooh menu) that says CONNECTION UNSUCCESSFUL MAKE SURE SYNC IS TURNED ON IN RANGE AND READY TO PAIR, that may be the problem. To resolve it, select the blue icon to the right of the word SYNC (in the Bluetooth menu) and select FORGET THIS DEVICE. That will allow you to pair.

Let me know how it goes.

Whitney

PONY Member

OK can someone please tell me what im doing wrong. I unzipped everything in the "Syncmyride" folder, and got 7 directories that look like "8L2T-14d546-AF", and then 3 additional files, DE8T-14D44-AC.SEC, FJ5T014D545-AAA.pks, and install.lst, and its tells me there are no media files available. I tried it with the Syncmyride file zipped and not broken into all the other files, and tried it unzipped and thats where I get all the above files, and still nothing. What am I doing wrong here?

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
OK can someone please tell me what im doing wrong. I unzipped everything in the "Syncmyride" folder, and got 7 directories that look like "8L2T-14d546-AF", and then 3 additional files, DE8T-14D44-AC.SEC, FJ5T014D545-AAA.pks, and install.lst, and its tells me there are no media files available. I tried it with the Syncmyride file zipped and not broken into all the other files, and tried it unzipped and thats where I get all the above files, and still nothing. What am I doing wrong here?
Hi doubleg,

The message about media files is a disclaimer. You're hearing it because there aren't any media files (music) on your flash drive. It doesn't apply in this case so you can disregard it.

To install the SYNC update the files have to be in the root directory and should be listed in this order: SyncMyRide, install.lst, and autoinstall.lst. Leave the SyncMyRide file folder zipped.

Try the following method for starting the update in your vehicle. It's a little different than what is posted on our website.

1. Press the PHONE button. You will either see PHONE MENU then PHONE REDIAL or CONNECTING.
1a. If you see CONNECTING then scroll to RETURN and press OK.
1b. If you see PHONE MENU then PHONE REDIAL scroll to SYSTEM SETTINGS and press OK.
2. Scroll to ADVANCED and press OK.
3. Scroll to INSTALL APPLICATIONS and press OK.
4. INSTALL APPLICATIONS? will appear. Press OK.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Whitney

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 06-05-2015 at 10:27 AM.
PONY Member

Yep, that works.

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
PONY Member

Yep im an idiot. I never fully read the directions. I got it installed. I love the fact that everything im blue toothing from my phone is listed out on the display now. Thats awesome.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
Yep im an idiot. I never fully read the directions. I got it installed. I love the fact that everything im blue toothing from my phone is listed out on the display now. Thats awesome.
doubleg,

Great! I'm glad it worked for you. Enjoy those new features and enhancements!

Whitney

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi everyone!

Just jumping in with a little more info. Make sure your USB is at least 2GB and formatted to FAT32. Download the update to your desktop and then unzip it. If you add the zip file to your USB, SYNC will give you an error. If the in-vehicle install doesn't automatically start, you can manually start it by pressing the following:

PHONE > Scroll to SYSTEM SETTINGS > OK > Scroll to ADVANCED > OK > Scroll to INSTALL APPS > OK

As always, if you're having any issues, please don't hesitate to send me a PM with the details and your VIN.

Rebecca
Thanks for the feedback
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Yeti1234,

You need to remove SYNC from your phone in order to pair it again. If you're getting a message (after selecting SYNC from your Bluetooh menu) that says CONNECTION UNSUCCESSFUL MAKE SURE SYNC IS TURNED ON IN RANGE AND READY TO PAIR, that may be the problem. To resolve it, select the blue icon to the right of the word SYNC (in the Bluetooth menu) and select FORGET THIS DEVICE. That will allow you to pair.

Let me know how it goes.

Whitney
So after the first time I updated it looked like it was complete and rebooted but really nothing worked. It wouldn't play the radio or CD and just kept going back to "PHON". I deleted and re-paired my phone without any change in the behavior so I reinstalled the update and all good now, :-) Thank you for the help!
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by locoandroid View Post
Thanks for the feedback
You're welcome! Were you able to get it installed?

Quote:
So after the first time I updated it looked like it was complete and rebooted but really nothing worked. It wouldn't play the radio or CD and just kept going back to "PHON". I deleted and re-paired my phone without any change in the behavior so I reinstalled the update and all good now, :-) Thank you for the help!
I'll pass this on to Whitney. I'm glad you were able to get everything up and running!

Rebecca

Apprentice

I get a reminder each time I start my car that 911 Assist is turned off. Can I stop without turning 911 Assist on? I've probably had it tell me this 8 times already today interrupting my playback that had already started.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Successfully updated and it does default back to bluetooth audio after an ignition cycle. but I only get Title not Artist on the screen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page