Raxiom Navigation from AmericanMuscle... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

I have an 11 premium with sync, but what is applink?
"Fits 2010 to 2014 Mustangs equipped with SYNC® with AppLink"

2016 GT Premium black out 6 speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

SYNC AppLink is an exclusive SYNC feature that provides you with voice control, steering wheel control or touchscreen control of some of your favorite mobile applications available through your smartphone.

RLB
Rookie

I had the same problem driver speaker with my 14GT when I connected the 2014 wire to the factory harness during installation. When I switched to the the harness marked as 2011, it solved that problem. Obviously, the wires were mislabeled at the factory. You should be able to get the song title and artist if you find it in on of the sub menus. Hope this helps.

Rookie

Unhappy Problem with Raxiom from American Muscle

Hi, I'm from Switzerland, so please be patient. I've bought RAXIOM OE-STYLE GPS NAVIGATION W/ BLUETOOTH & BACK-UP CAMERA (10-14 EQUIPPED W/ SYNC) to American Muscle, but I don't made installation, a garage made job.
I have a Ford Mustang 2012 imported from USA, with Sync 1 CD model.

The Raxiom Unit encounter some problems, so I hope that just wrong wiring..

- On steering wheel controls, the both "Sync" and "music" are working, but neither buttons for volume Up and Down and Track control.
- With Bluetooth or USB device, no music are hearable, just some noises. But when I put the reverse gear, the back camera is working, BUT the music too ! When I disengage the reverse gear, back camera put off and music too..
- I can't set on the camera (by pressing the button), without engaging the reverse gear.
- The hand free phone capability is working very fine. No problem with this.

I don't know if the mecanic have plugged the correct wire ('10-'12), or the wrong (2013)...

Have you tips or solution for this problems ?

Thank you very much !

Ivan from Switzerland.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm sorry you're encountering such problems. I really enjoy mine. If this is an older model of the nav unit (not the current V2 with HDMI), they had that connection mislabeled. In my '13, I had to use the 10-12 wire. You can try switching them but it sounds like you have a lot of issues. If you have a newer unit (with HDMI), I don't know if this is an issue still or not.
Rookie

Thank you MustangInTexas.

I think I must all unwiring and re-wiring.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page