Car Cover - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Car Cover

We are looking for a mustang car cover for winter storage. Have a 2014 GT California Soecial with the spoiler. Any suggestions for a good one that won't break the bank? Do you need one that fits it exactly, they seem to be more expensive. Can you just put a soft one that loosely covers the car? I have a battery maintainer and also wondering if necessary to jack up the front or not? Or both? Not a whole lol it of room in the garage. TIA

(2) 2014 Mustang GT/CS Premium California Special Race Red
1 Convertible w/Black Top
1 Coupe with Panoramic Roof
Coupe has the navigation system, Vert after market Pioneer 8100 Nex with Metra Kit
Both 19 x 8.5-in. machined face with black
painted aluminum wheels
Both with 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015
GT Member

For indoor you don't need anything that expensive. Make sure the car is dust free before covering.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Ford has a California Special car cover you can order. Mine came with one but it's still in the plastic from factory so I don't know how durable it is.
Just google "Ford Accessories"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-17-18-39-53.png
Views:	107
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	443754  

2014 GT/CS - MT82 - 3.73 - 19's
Charcoal Interior - Glass Roof - Comfort Pkg - Electronic Pkg - Shaker Pro - No Mods

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I've bought thru empire car covers before, they have a wide range to choose from. If you decide to go that way send me a pm they are always sending me discount codes, the last one I got was around 40% off.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
here's the one made for your car, as mentioned by the guy above, but for less money: Click Here

As a heads up, Levitown is a great place to buy authentic Ford/Roush/Ford Racing parts in general...some of the best pricing I've seen out there.

2007 Black GT Premium
JLT Series 3 CAI | Brenspeed 91 | FRPP 4.10 | Bassani Catted X-Pipe | Bassani Axle Backs | Steeda UDP | Saleen N2 Suspension | Steeda LCA | 18" 2010 GT500 Replicas | Front:Nitto Invos Rear:Nitto NT05s | Xenon Front Bumper and Rear Lip | Matte Black Emblems | Smoked Lights

2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca - Black
19" Forgestar F14 Wheels | Michelin PSS | Whiteline Rear Sway Bar | Boss 302S Oil Separator
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015
Apprentice

I got mine from cover craft. Cost around $350. I use it in the garage but it's an indoor/outdoor cover. The big selling point for me was mirror pockets and the antenna sleeve built into the cover. Fits perfectly over the car and keeps the dust off all winter. Just make sure it's clean before you put it on.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Just don't buy any of the cheapers off Ebay. "Fits 2011+ Mustang"....Yeah....No, no it doesn't. It should say "kind of fits 2011+ Mustang"...haha

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Good info and thread to watch, we'll be looking for one this fall ourselves. $200 or under for the covercraft custom fit is not bad at all. When my wife first mentioned we'll be needing a car cover, I was figuring around $4-$450 for a real good one.

Black means black. If there is any chrome involved, it's not black anymore. Just sayin'
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have this Covercraft Dustop cover. I have had it for 4 years and it looks brand new. Of course, it is an indoor only cover but it keeps the car free of dust and dirt and offers protection against people brushing against it when they walk through the garage.

http://www.amazon.com/Covercraft-Custom-Mustang-Dustop-Fabric/dp/B003OH4J8K

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStang View Post
I have this Covercraft Dustop cover. I have had it for 4 years and it looks brand new. Of course, it is an indoor only cover but it keeps the car free of dust and dirt and offers protection against people brushing against it when they walk through the garage.

Amazon.com: Covercraft Custom Fit Car Cover for Ford Mustang (Dustop Fabric, Taupe): Automotive
We only want one that will be indoor use only - from Nov - April. But the one thing I worry about are the mirrors and the antenna and the California Special comes with a spoiler on the back as well....so you want it to fit right. I looked at one on carcovers.com and it was indoor only - and they say it will fit if when you order it you mention the spoiler. Only 79.00 on sale. But I know what they say - you get what you pay for.

Coupe has the navigation system, Vert after market Pioneer 8100 Nex with Metra Kit
painted aluminum wheels
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
I tried Empire but with the California Special package it adds that little spoiler to the back and they told me their covers would be too small. I would need a custom cover. I appreciate your advice though! I liked their prices!

painted aluminum wheels
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I just checked my cover and I would be shocked if it didn't fit over your spoiler. I have the stock small spoiler and there is a ton of material back there to accommodate a much larger one. Unless you have one of those giant wings that kids put on Japanese cars.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStang View Post
I just checked my cover and I would be shocked if it didn't fit over your spoiler. I have the stock small spoiler and there is a ton of material back there to accommodate a much larger one. Unless you have one of those giant wings that kids put on Japanese cars.
I just have the stock spoiler that it came with. I wonder why they said I would need a custom cover? I guess it was Empire that said I needed custom top - Amazon said they needed more information to make sure it would fit - but no way to give them the info. I did find this - anybody heard good or bad about this company?

https://www.sealskincovers.com/seals...nvertible.html

painted aluminum wheels
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noname7198 View Post
I got mine from cover craft. Cost around $350. I use it in the garage but it's an indoor/outdoor cover. The big selling point for me was mirror pockets and the antenna sleeve built into the cover. Fits perfectly over the car and keeps the dust off all winter. Just make sure it's clean before you put it on.
Thanks for the advice we ended up with a CoverCraft for indoor use and it comes with the 50th anniversary design on it - fits perfect and it was on sale for around 165 bucks. Very happy with it!

painted aluminum wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page