2012 GT coupe - rattle behind driver's seat - need confirmation - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2012 GT coupe - rattle behind driver's seat - need confirmation

I have a 2012 GT coupe. There is a distinct rattle seemingly inside the panel under the small window in back behind the driver's seat. I have one month left on the bumper to bumper warranty. Took the car to the dealer, and (of course) they couldn't hear it. But, it's there for sure. It's like a tapping sound as if a small piece is tapping a larger one inside the panel. Has anyone experienced a rattle like this? I would really appreciate any confirmation on this. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015
Apprentice

Seatbelt retractor mechanism?

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmv6 View Post
Seatbelt retractor mechanism?
Sounds lower, but possibly.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015
Apprentice

The lowest part of the mechanism is almost floor level, as I recall.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmv6 View Post
The lowest part of the mechanism is almost floor level, as I recall.
Quite possible then. I will talk to the dealer about that. Thanks for mentioning it.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015
PONY Member
4.6L Member

By your description I have the same rattle you have. I found the linkbelow to a good write up on where that rattle might be coming from. In mycase I can lay in the trunk and tap the underside of the read deck and therattle can be heard but anything I press around the area does not stop therattle that is why I think it is what is described in the below link. Ihave not had time to take the rear interior apart yet to confirm/fix.

11-12 Mustang Coupe, Back seat rattle/ticking sound on bumpy roads. Solution!!!!!!!!

2013 GT Brembo Black, 3:73, 6-Speed, GT500's, Urethan Shift Bushing, 8 Ball Shifter, J&M LCA's & PHB, Eibach Pro springs, SR Performance F/R Adj Sway bars, KONI Orange Struts & Shocks, SCT S4/XF4 tuner w/BAMA tunes.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjandascog View Post
By your description I have the same rattle you have. I found the linkbelow to a good write up on where that rattle might be coming from. In mycase I can lay in the trunk and tap the underside of the read deck and therattle can be heard but anything I press around the area does not stop therattle that is why I think it is what is described in the below link. Ihave not had time to take the rear interior apart yet to confirm/fix.

11-12 Mustang Coupe, Back seat rattle/ticking sound on bumpy roads. Solution!!!!!!!!
WOW! That is some crazy canola there, and a PITA to solve! Very informative article, thanks for posting. I'm hoping our 2011 coupe don't come down with the tick fever! If it does, I'll likely know how to deal with it.

Black means black. If there is any chrome involved, it's not black anymore. Just sayin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page