Custom trunk? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Custom trunk?

I recently saw a 2011 GT for sale on craigslist and he had a trunk lid that didn't have the faux gas cap. It looked like the new 550s, where if you were to take the gt/pony emblem off. Just smooth black. I wish i had saved the picture, but was wondering if anyone knew any company that produced that?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Yes, check out "decklid panels" on American Muscle. There are a few that eliminate the faux cap.

2011 Pony Pkg. convertible M6
2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to the site!

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2015
PONY Member

You don't need a new trunk lid for that. You can debadge it yourself. In the 05-09 you will still have the keyhole but 10-14 I think no keyhole present. Just take off the gas cap, clean it up good and your good to go.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09v6 View Post
You don't need a new trunk lid for that. You can debadge it yourself. In the 05-09 you will still have the keyhole but 10-14 I think no keyhole present. Just take off the gas cap, clean it up good and your good to go.
You still need a panel to go across it. Mustang Carbon Fiber Decklid Panel - No Emblem (10-12 All) - Free Shipping Under the badge is still a round hump that has 2 holes in it. At least on the 11's.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015
PONY Member
S197 Member

13/14 the cap is integrated into the panel itself, no way to remove short of fabrication/cutting it out and fiberglassing it smooth.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarius View Post
13/14 the cap is integrated into the panel itself, no way to remove short of fabrication/cutting it out and fiberglassing it smooth.
Whaaaaatttttt???? Its not just a piece of plastic stuck on with 3M tape on the back? Wow that is just nuts making it that way.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09v6 View Post
Whaaaaatttttt???? Its not just a piece of plastic stuck on with 3M tape on the back? Wow that is just nuts making it that way.

That would be way too easy. Why would ford do that?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@silverskoundrel
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
That's why there are replacement panels available. Someone else has done the fabrication for you.

2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)
PONY Member
S197 Member

RTR is the only one who makes a 13/14 smooth decklid panel. Finding one is next to impossible. For many, fabrication is the quickest and/or only route if that's the look you're after.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
RTR is the only one who makes a 13/14 smooth decklid panel. Finding one is next to impossible. For many, fabrication is the quickest and/or only route if that's the look you're after.
Maybe so, but if you can live with a ribbed panel that eliminates the faux cap then you can get the CDC one from AM for $117: CDC Mustang Rear Decklid Panel 1011-7005-01 (10-14 All) - Free Shipping

2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theellusionist View Post
I recently saw a 2011 GT for sale on craigslist and he had a trunk lid that didn't have the faux gas cap. It looked like the new 550s, where if you were to take the gt/pony emblem off. Just smooth black. I wish i had saved the picture, but was wondering if anyone knew any company that produced that?
Hey man!

Great question and luckily I have a pretty good answer for you!

You are thinking about the RTR Decklid panel. Right now they are Out Of Stock due to RTR re-designing them slightly.

We are expecting to see them back on the shelves in a few weeks and I'd be more than happy to hook you up with one!

Keep an eye on the site!

-Will

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBird00 View Post
Yes, check out "decklid panels" on American Muscle. There are a few that eliminate the faux cap.
Quote:
That's why there are replacement panels available. Someone else has done the fabrication for you.
Quote:
Maybe so, but if you can live with a ribbed panel that eliminates the faux cap then you can get the CDC one from AM for $117: CDC Mustang Rear Decklid Panel 1011-7005-01 (10-14 All) - Free Shipping
Thanks for the shout man!

The CDC is definitely an awesome version but if you want smooth, the RTR will be coming back in stock soon!

-Will

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWill View Post
Hey man!

Great question and luckily I have a pretty good answer for you!

You are thinking about the RTR Decklid panel. Right now they are Out Of Stock due to RTR re-designing them slightly.

We are expecting to see them back on the shelves in a few weeks and I'd be more than happy to hook you up with one!

Keep an eye on the site!

-Will
What I recall seeing wasn't a decklid panel. this looked like a custom carbon fiber trunk. It looked similar to Vis' trunk that they produce, but there was no mounting points for a faux gas cap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
custom trunk , trunk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page