anyone have cervini ram hood in my area? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

anyone have cervini ram hood in my area?

Really want to see one in person, im having love and hate reactions towards online posted pics.

13' GT Black, Auto, Roush A/B, Whiteline PHB & Brace, Boss 302 Tower Brace, Michelin PSS, Alpine 10" S Type Sub,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015
Apprentice

I'm looking into these too, what is it you hate about them?

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

dont like this look

love this look

13' GT Black, Auto, Roush A/B, Whiteline PHB & Brace, Boss 302 Tower Brace, Michelin PSS, Alpine 10" S Type Sub,

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
What is the difference other than the pic angle?

Current Mustang
2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.

Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9.)
2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT (I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015
PONY Member

Not sure I see the difference you do between the Red car and the two you like.........or is it an angle thing you're looking at it from?

For the record I think the hood has a too busy look to it. This is vaguely reminiscent of the too many scoops, heat extractors and spoilers look on the front of Pontiac's WS6 Trans Ams from the late 90s through 2002.

Not to say everyone will feel this way about it......that car had a following that liked that look and I imagine this after market hood for the Mustang will as well.

2014 Mustang GT-Black-Track Package
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I am not seeing any difference either other than angle of pic for the hood. Now I am seeing different bumpers and what not, but that isn't what this forum is about it. It is about the hood.

I will add to my last post that I had this hood on a different 06 GT I had many years ago. Loved the hood. I ordered directly from Cervini's website and it came white and ready for paint. The paint shop I had it painted and installed at didn't tell me any complaints about it and it came out looking good.

Current Mustang
2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.

Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9.)
2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT (I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015
GT Member

I think what he is going for is that he doesn't like the appearance from the front, head on, but about any other angle he does like it.

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdragon View Post
I think what he is going for is that he doesn't like the appearance from the front, head on, but about any other angle he does like it.
lol yup
i do want to see it in person from the front it may look better than in the pics. I love my stock gt hood but due to bubbling im left with no choice.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015
BOSS Member

also if you look closely at the adjoining panel fitment, while certain aspects are good, most are not and vary in gap (consistency)......most of the aftermarket hoods I have seen are well, require body work for a proper functional and visual fit. typically more than most are willing to put into it and if you are going to pay someone to "fix" the new hood, you might as well have the shop take your existing hood and modify it to what you want...at least they are starting with a good, solid hood that fits the car (gap consistency).

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
Apprentice

Doesn't Cervinis have a couple of different versions of their ram air hood? I'm looking into the Type IV Ram Air Hood for my '13, and for exactly the same reason...paint bubbling and Ford's unwillingness to do anything about the well-known manufacturing defect.

I'm also thinking of painting the heat extractor vents body color...makes the hood a little less "busy."
PONY Member

I love my cervini's ram air. It definitely grew on me, I was trying to get a black mamba hood but could justify the price.

I especially like it now that I have the cai and ram air kit. Looks good in black.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighsayer11 View Post
I love my cervini's ram air. It definitely grew on me, I was trying to get a black mamba hood but could justify the price.

I especially like it now that I have the cai and ram air kit. Looks good in black.
love the mamba hood look but not for the 13

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page