Canadian Models - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Canadian Models

Hi, new here...

I am in the market for a used '13 or '14 Convertible GT Premium. I have been searching wide to find just the right one and I have happened upon a few that were originally sold in Canada but are now at U.S. dealers. Anyone aware of any issues with owning Mustang that was originally sold in Canada? For example, here's a window sticker from one of them.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8FF6E5232642

Thanks for any thoughts.

-Bill

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015
MACH I Member

That's strange. Usually its the other way round with American cars making their way across the border to Canada. Can't imagine why someone would want to sell a much more expensive Canadian car in the USA for much less money. I don't see how anyone can make a profit on it, since the prices in Canada are 20% higher to start with.

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015
Apprentice

Probably the exchange I'm guessing. I'm from Canada and from what I've seen in all my research on parts and the car itself they're the same. Maybe a block heater in ours but that's all I've noticed.

[SIGPIC]2013 GT/CS with FRPP 624 supercharger kit, Ford racing 3" catback, Barton short shifter and 2post bracket, aluminum one piece drive shaft, Ford Racing Laguna Seca wheels, Ford racing SVT Brembo front brakes, GT/CS door sil plates, Chrome shifter ball, Ford Racing boost guage in Roush vent pod

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
That's strange. Usually its the other way round with American cars making their way across the border to Canada. Can't imagine why someone would want to sell a much more expensive Canadian car in the USA for much less money. I don't see how anyone can make a profit on it, since the prices in Canada are 20% higher to start with.
if an American buys a Canadian car he gains 20% more money. Cars are selling used for the same price. if an American dealer goes to a Canadian auction the'll get a good deal.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015
MACH I Member

Also, the early 2013 GT models came with the V6 grille and do not have the grille mounted foglights. This was due to some kind of Canadian DRL regulation.

Later models have the standard GT dual fog grille.

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I've heard they have a tendency to stop at hockey games.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I've heard they have a tendency to stop at hockey games.
And when you hit your horn it says "Sorry!" instead

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the thoughts. I guess I was thinking more in terms of emissions standards, tuning that might be different, stuff like that.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
And when you hit your horn it says "Sorry!" instead
Don't forget the Tim Horton's coffee in the cupholders..
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by biw314 View Post
Thanks for the thoughts. I guess I was thinking more in terms of emissions standards, tuning that might be different, stuff like that.
no difference whatsoever.I am in Canada and have an American car. the only thing I did was change the speedo face from mph to kph. Our emissions standards are the same. But do look for rust underneath. Some idiots do drive these in winter and they salt the roads.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftdaddy View Post
no difference whatsoever.I am in Canada and have an American car. the only thing I did was change the speedo face from mph to kph. Our emissions standards are the same. But do look for rust underneath. Some idiots do drive these in winter and they salt the roads.
I drive mine in the winter time, its not a McLaren P1 But don't worry, the undercarriage is galvanized just like the rest of the car.

The bare steel suspension components are already rusted on the factory floor.

opq
PONY Member

The 2013 GT in Canada does not have the traditional foglights due to a Transport Canada issue that was resolved for 2014.
MACH I Member

Oh and I forgot the obvious thing. The gauges will have KM/H more prominently displayed and the MPH will be smaller. So for convenience you may want to swap those.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Looks like all the dealers have those swapped before they list the cars. Another difference I heard about was the sync services you might subscribe to (if you have the Electronics Package) will not work in the U.S.

Last edited by biw314; 08-15-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Apprentice

Quote:
I drive mine in the winter time, its not a McLaren P1 But don't worry, the undercarriage is galvanized just like the rest of the car.

The bare steel suspension components are already rusted on the factory floor.
Didn't mean to offend ,it was more for the drivability and ground clearance issues rather than it being a collector car. I know where I am from there would be many days in winter the car would not be able to move. I'll keep with the Canadian theme, sorry!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page