iPhone 6 with Sync...Text no workie.... - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B.Cooper

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
iPhone 6 with Sync...Text no workie....

I know I have asked this and it has been answered before, when I got my last phone (5S), but I can't find that thread....

What settings do I have to change in the phone and or Sync to get the texts to show up through Sync? I remember it was really simple, but for the life of me, I can't remember.

Thanks, and yes I searched.

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015
Rookie

I believe you have to make sure the MAP profile in the Sync system has to be set to on. Try the following on the Sync system in the car:

1. Phone
2. System Settings
3. Advanced
4. MAP Profile
5. Set to "on"

Hope this helps. I'm on the Gen 1 system, so yours might be different.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Off topic, sorry but I had to say that's the best name/avatar combo I've seen 1DrunkCat!
freewayflyer likes this.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DrunkCat View Post
I believe you have to make sure the MAP profile in the Sync system has to be set to on. Try the following on the Sync system in the car:

1. Phone
2. System Settings
3. Advanced
4. MAP Profile
5. Set to "on"

Hope this helps. I'm on the Gen 1 system, so yours might be different.

Yeah, I think that was what I was told to do, and did last time I asked. Thanks. It worked for receiving texts on my old phone. As I haven't messed my with the Sync settings, I guess Sync just doesn't like the iOS 8.4 on my new phone. Not surprising. Sync leaves a lot to be desired.

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
I guess when I deleted my old phone from my Sync, it reset the MAP setting to off. I turned it back in and texting should work now. Thanks!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daustin View Post
I know I have asked this and it has been answered before, when I got my last phone (5S), but I can't find that thread....

What settings do I have to change in the phone and or Sync to get the texts to show up through Sync? I remember it was really simple, but for the life of me, I can't remember.

Thanks, and yes I searched.
Hi daustin,

Don't forget to check the settings on your iPhone as well. Go to SETTINGS, select Bluetooth, tap the BLUE ICON next to SYNC, and turn on SHOW NOTIFICATIONS.

Good Luck.

Whitney

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi daustin,

Don't forget to check the settings on your iPhone as well. Go to SETTINGS, select Bluetooth, tap the BLUE ICON next to SYNC, and turn on SHOW NOTIFICATIONS.

Good Luck.

Whitney
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page