Clutch Pedal Stuck Before Top (Out) - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By replacement
  • 1 Post By kcobra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Clutch Pedal Stuck Before Top (Out)

I was driving a long distance today on a U.S. Highway with quite a few stop and go's, temperature about 80 and high humidity, so the transmission was plenty hot, I'm sure. Pulling up to a stop sign, I downshifted from 5th to 4th and the clutch pedal didn't come all the way up (out), probably 1-1.5" from the top of travel. I pushed it in and out again a few times but it still stuck in the same position and I couldn't shift to another gear. I pulled over to check things out and ended up using my hand to pull the pedal all the way up. I kept driving, about another 100 miles, to work, and it didn't happen again. I have 56,000 miles on the car. Is this an obvious sign of a particular problem?

Mine - 2013 Mustang GT Premium 6MT, 3.73, 400A, Gotta Have It Green, Satin Black OTT Racing Stripe, Rev Sens & Sec Pkg, Comfort Pkg, Pedestal Spoiler, Side Scoops, 19" Prem Luster Nickel Alum Wheels; FRPP Tune, Airaid CAI, Borla S cat-back, Eibach Pro springs

My wife's - 2011 Mustang V6 Premium 6AT, 3.31, Race Red, Comfort Pkg; Mods - Borla T axle-backs, Eibach Pro Springs, Strut Tower Brace, Pedestal Spoiler, GT500 Lower Rear Fascia, 18" GT 5-spoke Wheels, Remote Start
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhitson View Post
I was driving a long distance today on a U.S. Highway with quite a few stop and go's, temperature about 80 and high humidity, so the transmission was plenty hot, I'm sure. Pulling up to a stop sign, I downshifted from 5th to 4th and the clutch pedal didn't come all the way up (out), probably 1-1.5" from the top of travel. I pushed it in and out again a few times but it still stuck in the same position and I couldn't shift to another gear. I pulled over to check things out and ended up using my hand to pull the pedal all the way up. I kept driving, about another 100 miles, to work, and it didn't happen again. I have 56,000 miles on the car. Is this an obvious sign of a particular problem?
BTW, in hindsight, I might also be feeling some occasional momentary clutch slippage. I wasn't sure what I was feeling but it feels like a hesitation during acceleration.

Mine - 2013 Mustang GT Premium 6MT, 3.73, 400A, Gotta Have It Green, Satin Black OTT Racing Stripe, Rev Sens & Sec Pkg, Comfort Pkg, Pedestal Spoiler, Side Scoops, 19" Prem Luster Nickel Alum Wheels; FRPP Tune, Airaid CAI, Borla S cat-back, Eibach Pro springs

My wife's - 2011 Mustang V6 Premium 6AT, 3.31, Race Red, Comfort Pkg; Mods - Borla T axle-backs, Eibach Pro Springs, Strut Tower Brace, Pedestal Spoiler, GT500 Lower Rear Fascia, 18" GT 5-spoke Wheels, Remote Start
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015
PONY Member

no expert but I would say you need a new clutch and pressure plate.
gwhitson likes this.

2013 gt premium m6 3.73 with lots of aftermarket bits

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015
4.6L Member

Garage
Take out your helper spring. It helps when this happens. You might need a new clutch though.
gwhitson likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page