2012 Mustang Ticking and Knock 21000 Miles - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
prats4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 6
 
2012 Mustang Ticking and Knock 21000 Miles

Good morning. Ive had my mustang in to the dealer three times for a miss, a tick on the drivers side and and knock up near the passenger valve cover, each time with nothing repaired because they say its normal. Its not normal have a tick, a miss they blamed the first time on cams...yet I have factory cam? They felt and heard the knock in the passenger valve cover but they said that was normal also...seriously I thought Ford took some pride? I also find it strange that all they do is hook it up to the scanner and because they say it has no codes its fine. Just amazed they offer no update or idea on what might be causing these issue. I have video I will attach. I called ford they gave my a case number they were to call me back five days ago no idea whats going on! Just would like it fixed.

https://goo.gl/photos/uH4YPtQ9pzQwN4iR6

https://goo.gl/photos/iaU84u9dpGf1avhNA

https://goo.gl/photos/mDkWjQ7FYBe42ZK27

https://goo.gl/photos/KsnqGSWqRWG7Yb2n9


Last edited by prats4; 09-08-2015 at 12:54 PM.
prats4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
RoboStang's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 1,907
 
Shoot Deysha a PM at FordService. She may be able to get the regional customer service rep involved for you.


2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
RoboStang is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
prats4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 6
 
Thanks!
prats4 is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015
FordService
Guest
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by prats4 View Post
Good morning. Ive had my mustang in to the dealer three times for a miss, a tick on the drivers side and and knock up near the passenger valve cover, each time with nothing repaired because they say its normal. Its not normal have a tick, a miss they blamed the first time on cams...yet I have factory cam? They felt and heard the knock in the passenger valve cover but they said that was normal also...seriously I thought Ford took some pride? I also find it strange that all they do is hook it up to the scanner and because they say it has no codes its fine. Just amazed they offer no update or idea on what might be causing these issue. I have video I will attach. I called ford they gave my a case number they were to call me back five days ago no idea whats going on! Just would like it fixed.
Thanks for the PM, prats4! I sent you a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStang View Post
Shoot Deysha a PM at FordService. She may be able to get the regional customer service rep involved for you.
Thanks for the mention, RoboStang!

Deysha
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015
Moderator
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
MustangLife's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,565
             
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by prats4 View Post
Good morning. Ive had my mustang in to the dealer three times for a miss, a tick on the drivers side and and knock up near the passenger valve cover, each time with nothing repaired because they say its normal. Its not normal have a tick, a miss they blamed the first time on cams...yet I have factory cam? They felt and heard the knock in the passenger valve cover but they said that was normal also...seriously I thought Ford took some pride? I also find it strange that all they do is hook it up to the scanner and because they say it has no codes its fine. Just amazed they offer no update or idea on what might be causing these issue. I have video I will attach. I called ford they gave my a case number they were to call me back five days ago no idea whats going on! Just would like it fixed.

https://goo.gl/photos/mDkWjQ7FYBe42ZK27

https://goo.gl/photos/KsnqGSWqRWG7Yb2n9

Would love to know what the Ford Rep said to you in a PM if it sheads some light.

I had a 2011 GT 5.0 with the tick and transmission whine. Just to put this in perspective the transmission whine so loud people at gas stations and parking lots people would ask me what supercharger I had on it and how much boost I was running. I took it to Ford and the said both issues I was explained and they are hearing are normal. They did some warranty work on them, but it never changed anything and after reading about both issues or should I say what I would say are issues I found that these noises are just part of the car and are widespread. Both issues were constant from the time I owned the car from start to finish pretty much. I owned the car for over 36K miles and it never gave me a problem and the issues never got worse.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
MustangLife is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
prats4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 6
 
The Ford rep called and said they talked to the dealer and the dealer is aware of the issues as stated above. But because the dealer feels is not a problem in their opinion there is nothing he can really do??? He said schedule it with another dealer for a second opinion which in my opinion is one more thing I need to try to do. I feel my current dealers service department is either not trained very well or they just don't really want to search to see what the internal problem is. Once again a computer hooked to our cars is now the mechanic and the human just relies on that....sad sad.
prats4 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
prats4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 6
 
I have to admit it really bothers me that I even have to take it to another dealer without the original one doing anything. I see know reason while that car is under warranty why they cant change coils and plugs to see if that miss go away? I know it has no codes but that does not mean it isnt mising even the dealer says they hear it??? I lost mu CSM contact info can you assist please?

On a side note we also own a 2101 Focus Titanium that has been in to the same dealer for a transmission shutter and shake they say its normal. They updated the software but is still vibrates and shutters all the time. They said is may need a new seal or clutch but again offered no real solutions
prats4 is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015
Apprentice
 
raftdaddy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: thompson
Posts: 56
 
wow, shouldn't a 2101 focus fly!! But on a sad note I would be surprised if they do anything. I have developed the tick and basically the dealer told me he hears it but if no codes all they can do is tear it down. If there is nothing they find i'm on the hook for repairs to put it back together. His recommendation was run 5w30 oil and don't worry about it. i'm off warranty so i'll wait and see.
raftdaddy is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015
Apprentice
 
2.3lfoxbody's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Location: santa rosa
Posts: 55
 
just saw this under recent discussions, i have developed the same problem in my 93 mustang today and it is either a pre ignition problem due to too much carbon in the cylinders or something worse such as a rod problem, hopefully if i find what really is causing the problem i will let you know

https://youtu.be/ZboCd50rX48

Built Not Bought
2.3lfoxbody is offline  
PONY Member
 
scott9050's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Martinsburg
Posts: 423
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prats4 View Post
I have to admit it really bothers me that I even have to take it to another dealer without the original one doing anything. I see know reason while that car is under warranty why they cant change coils and plugs to see if that miss go away? I know it has no codes but that does not mean it isnt mising even the dealer says they hear it??? I lost mu CSM contact info can you assist please?

On a side note we also own a 2101 Focus Titanium that has been in to the same dealer for a transmission shutter and shake they say its normal. They updated the software but is still vibrates and shutters all the time. They said is may need a new seal or clutch but again offered no real solutions
I have a 2014 Focus Titanium hatch as well as the Mustang but I bought from a high volume dealer and have had no issues with warranty service.
Dealers claiming things are normal is their code that they don't want to do the work. Your Focus sounds like it has fluid leaking onto he clutch assembly and needs to be replaced under Ford's extended warranty.
Your Mustang probably needs the stretchy belt replaced with a tensioner and regular belt, but I have not been to the dealer with my own tick yet so that is just speculation. Neither is normal, get a rep involved or go to another dealer.

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
scott9050 is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
prats4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 6
 
Thanks for the reply here is my most recent message to Deysha.

This is our worst car we have ever owned Ford Focus. It went to the dealer two weeks ago of course it had no codes but had another recall surprise surprise?? They updated the software and sent us off. So far it shakes and shudders as usual. But tonight 10/21/15 my wife about got killed as it just lost all power again!! I'm done screwing around whats it going to take one of my family member getting killed. I want a new replacement or FORD to refund me what I wasted on this piece of crap death trap Ive been nice so far but this will be the 4th time this car go in and not get fixed, please put yourself in my shoes. Im contacting an attorney as we speak please Deysha help us!

51500 MIleage
Jason Michael Pratschner
Vin 1fahp3n21cl313903
prats4 is offline  
FordService
Guest
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by prats4 View Post
Thanks for the reply here is my most recent message to Deysha.

This is our worst car we have ever owned Ford Focus. It went to the dealer two weeks ago of course it had no codes but had another recall surprise surprise?? They updated the software and sent us off. So far it shakes and shudders as usual. But tonight 10/21/15 my wife about got killed as it just lost all power again!! I'm done screwing around whats it going to take one of my family member getting killed. I want a new replacement or FORD to refund me what I wasted on this piece of crap death trap Ive been nice so far but this will be the 4th time this car go in and not get fixed, please put yourself in my shoes. Im contacting an attorney as we speak please Deysha help us!
I received your messages from Friday night, prats4. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
prats4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 6
 
prats4 is offline  
PONY Member
 
scott9050's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Martinsburg
Posts: 423
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prats4 View Post
Have you visited the Focus Fanatics forum? Good source of info on these cars. So far we have been lucky coming up on 20,000 miles on our DCT 2014 Titanium hatch (keeps fingers crossed).

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
scott9050 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1