Front License Plate without drilling ideas - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Front License Plate without drilling ideas

I have seen other threads on this but not for the 11-14 mustang and since I had kind of a different question, I thought I would start a new thread....

Ever since I got a ticket in NYS for no front plate, I decided maybe I should put one on to avoid the no plate tax but I don't want to drill out the front bumper of my 13 GT. My car is not lowered so I know some people have problems when the car is lowered.

I think the STO N SHO looks well built and it had a quick manual way to put the front plat on and off for about $80.

Mustang License Plate Bracket Sto N Sho V6/GT 2013-2014

I am also considering the motorized one for about $130.
Mustang Flip Down License Plate Holder - Motorized (79-15 All) - Free Shipping

What I don't know is if either interfere with the cover that has to be partly removed when changing the oil filter / oil.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015
PONY Member

Wow, I have never seen the motorized version.

Imagine a cop pulls you over because he didn't see a front plate. As he's pulling up behind your car, you hit the remote button and WHAM, like Batman, your license plate magically appears.

The cop assumes he made a mistake and let's you go. The next day he visits an optometrist to have his eyes checked. It could happen.

Hehe.

crjackson2134 likes this.

My cats and dogs taught me as much about life as humans.

I love my friggen car. LOVE IT.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015
GT Member

Here is another option. This is one of the first things I did. It still works just fine too. Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDmustang13 View Post
Here is another option. This is one of the first things I did. It still works just fine too. Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets

It's not bad but it doesn't look as easy to put on only when you need it like the others...
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Or just use double sided automotive tape.

2010 Performance white V6 automatic: Sold.

2014 Oxford white GT/CS, glassroof, comfort pkg. VMP tune, Borla touring AB, RLT hoodlift
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun94 View Post
It's not bad but it doesn't look as easy to put on only when you need it like the others...
I am not sure what you mean. The bracket IIRC was not difficult at all to install. But more difficult than not installing one at all.

However if your jurisdiction requires a front plate then in my opinion it is best to have the front plate. Nobody needs to be pulled over and ticketed for not having the plate and then end up possibly getting another ticket for something else also.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015
Apprentice

I use a Sto n show.. Definitely a good choice!!

No removing anything for an oil change.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber14GT View Post
Wow, I have never seen the motorized version.

Imagine a cop pulls you over because he didn't see a front plate. As he's pulling up behind your car, you hit the remote button and WHAM, like Batman, your license plate magically appears.

The cop assumes he made a mistake and let's you go. The next day he visits an optometrist to have his eyes checked. It could happen.

Hehe.
those are illegal in texas according to the transportation code.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015
GT Member

Quote:
thats what i got!

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
Apprentice

+1 for Graig's bracket. It's easy enough to put on and take off. I currently have it in the back seat. Haven't gotten pulled over yet.

[b]2013 GT Premium,Red Candy, 6AT: GT500AB, FRPP tune.

-Democrats are cockroaches
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

To PMDmustang13, if you look at the "Sto n show" it mounts in a way you can quickly take the plate off and not see anything. It looks like it is really well designed. I almost got the motorized one but I called American Muscle and they said it has a 30 day warrantee so if they don't have confidence in in, I'm not either.
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion, just ordered one now. Standard Ford version is a huge chunk of plastic on the front, this one is aluminum and looks pretty much invisible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PONY Member

Move to Tennessee, we don't have front plates

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-09-09 05.19.14.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	795.2 KB
ID:	566401  

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post

What other considerations could there possibly be in a relocation decision?

"... honey, we should move to Tennessee..."

"... what! Why?!?!?"

"...lack of front license plates of course!... DUHHH!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post

Funny thing, I used to work as a line tech. for Reeder Chevrolet on Clinton Hwy. back in nineteen-throwitaway...

David Young likes this.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page