Condensation on inside windshield - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
hw405's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Location: Conway
Posts: 29
 
Thanks 5.0 Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
Contact Deysha, our Ford customer service rep on this site, she has helped many of us through some tough problems with impressive results.

I've sent Deysha a pm asking to speak with someone higher up about this.Hopefully I can get some help. I can't be the only one with this issue.

hw405 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
FordService
Guest
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
Contact Deysha, our Ford customer service rep on this site, she has helped many of us through some tough problems with impressive results.
Thanks again for the mention, 5.0 Coyote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hw405 View Post
I've sent Deysha a pm asking to speak with someone higher up about this.Hopefully I can get some help. I can't be the only one with this issue.
Thank you for the PM, hw405! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha

hw405 likes this.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
hw405's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Location: Conway
Posts: 29
 
First of all thank you Deysha for escalating my condensation issue.
Received a call from the Ford Regional Customer Service Manager yesterday.
She first wanted to verify a case number with me. Didn't know what she was talking about as I
have not been given a case number for the condensation issue I'm having. My question to her was
I have had this issue for a awhile. The attempts to fix it has helped. Theirs not as much but its still happening.
My warranty runs out in 5 months. Is Ford going cover this until its fixed as it has been on going or are they going to wash their hands of and tell me its my problem. She did not listen to my question or care just keep quoting warranty coverage.
She finally said when my warranty runs out it would be my responsibility fixed or not.
She was rude and had a hateful tone after I told her she was getting rude she somewhat changed her tone a little but her attitude was still one not concerned about issue and offered no assurance Ford would get this issue resolved even if my warranty runs out since it has been on going. I have purchased a premium Ford extended warranty in case I start having issues with electronics from moisture. Here are 2 pics about 4 days apart happened twice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4243.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	707.1 KB
ID:	477954   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4262.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	735.3 KB
ID:	477962  
hw405 is offline  
 
FordService
Guest
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by hw405 View Post
First of all thank you Deysha for escalating my condensation issue.
Received a call from the Ford Regional Customer Service Manager yesterday.
She first wanted to verify a case number with me. Didn't know what she was talking about as I
have not been given a case number for the condensation issue I'm having. My question to her was
I have had this issue for a awhile. The attempts to fix it has helped. Theirs not as much but its still happening.
My warranty runs out in 5 months. Is Ford going cover this until its fixed as it has been on going or are they going to wash their hands of and tell me its my problem. She did not listen to my question or care just keep quoting warranty coverage.
She finally said when my warranty runs out it would be my responsibility fixed or not.
She was rude and had a hateful tone after I told her she was getting rude she somewhat changed her tone a little but her attitude was still one not concerned about issue and offered no assurance Ford would get this issue resolved even if my warranty runs out since it has been on going. I have purchased a premium Ford extended warranty in case I start having issues with electronics from moisture. Here are 2 pics about 4 days apart happened twice.
You’re welcome, hw405. Looking into this for you.

Deysha
PONY Member
 
wjbertrand's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Ventura
Posts: 648
 
Garage
Make sure you're using your HVAC system on the fresh air setting and not in recirculate. Recirculated, though it does add in some fresh air, can get saturated pretty quickly and be useless for defogging.

Also if your car ever had a leak or the carpet & padding got soaked in some way, it could take a long time for that to dry out and it would be a continued source of excess moisture.

-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
wjbertrand is online now  
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
hw405's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Location: Conway
Posts: 29
 
Ok picked car up from dealership this morning while we wait on what engineers has to say. Secured water hose with spray nozzle on car that simulates a mild rain. did this for about 40 minutes checked found no condensation. Went on about my day did not use car. sun came out it got warm. got everything done around 2:30 and put water spraying back on car. first pic is 30 minutes later at 3:03 second picture is at 3:08 watched it get worse as i was texting service manager the first pic. this is not humidity no other windows in car has any condensation or humidity on them. when vehicle was parked a/c was on, face vent selected, temp was in the middle and fresh air not recirculate. I have 5 other vehicles in my yard that doesn't do this. I have had 3 other mustangs that didn't do this 2012s and 2013. Haven't seen any other mustang do this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4267.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	478562   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4268.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	478570  
hw405 is offline  
Apprentice
 
Imbatman70's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: New haven county
Posts: 101
 
Have you ever opened up the the cabin air filter box and looked inside?
Imbatman70 is offline  
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
5.0 Candy REDCS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,405
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06CanuckGT View Post
I had a Nissan when I was in high school that constantly had fogged windows. From October to April the defrost and heat had to be on full to keep the windshield clear. Even on dry days.

Never thought much of it until I gave someone a ride and they mentioned it could be a slight leak from the heater core causing excess moisture in the car. Turns out, they were right.

Kind of doubt that's your problem, but it might be worth looking into. Stranger things have happened.
Trust me on this....he would KNOW if it was antifreeze, you can taste the sweetness right in the cabin,and a distinct smell to it too...
Stupid Q, but gotta ask...you do have outside air coming into the cabin through the vents right?
If it's not a leak, and it's fogging,it has to do with ventilation and flow through (with set temps).
If I block or shut down outside air in my 2011 GT I can tell you I do fog up. Happened to be when I first got her, had outside air off/closed and could hardly see out till I figured it out!
Wish you luck resolving this man,good luck.

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
5.0 Candy REDCS is offline  
Rookie
 
tsidewayz's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Oakdale
Posts: 35
 
My 12 GT doesn't have this issue but both my 07 GT and my 10 GT had light condensation on the bottom of the windshield. Had a drip or 2 on occasion but not very often. Running the defroster would clear it up quickly. I goggled it once and found quite a few post from others that had similar issues. This of course is separate from the TSB that came out years ago about leaking water through the dash do to bad seals in the cowl on the earlier models. Have you checked your carpet and padding to make sure you actually don't have the leaks in the cowl?

2012 Mustang GT Grabber Blue 6spd (Current)
1991 Mustang GT Ht Oxford White (Current)
1991 Mustang GT Conv Black
2000 Mustang GT HT Silver
2007 Mustang GT HT Tungsten Gray
2010 Mustang GT HT Black
2010 Challenger R/T Torred(Current)
tsidewayz is offline  
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
hw405's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Location: Conway
Posts: 29
 
condensation

OK got my car back Tuesday. Dealer said they resealed around windshield and pillars. We'll see how it goes. some have asked about fresh air and recirc. Doesn't matter does it on both settings. Car has never been wet inside either.
hw405 is offline  
Rookie
 
Saxdogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 8
 
Those last two pics look like fresh condensating air just seeping out your defrost outlets. Mine looked like this the other morning, conditions were right. I think you're experiencing normal stuff personally...
Saxdogg is offline  
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
hw405's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Location: Conway
Posts: 29
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxdogg View Post
Those last two pics look like fresh condensating air just seeping out your defrost outlets. Mine looked like this the other morning, conditions were right. I think you're experiencing normal stuff personally...
The other 5 vehicles setting beside it don't do this. Been working on cars for 34 years the only time I have seen condensation like this is in cars that have a water leak. Condensation that drips down on dash is not normal to me. There is no vent in the corner in the first picture and the second picture is definitely not normal especially for a new car. I have compared to new cars at the dealer ship and I don't this problem. If this is normal they should be doing the same thing. Also I worked at Ford dealership when I bought the car and had this issue. Ford has seen leaks in these cars. Read the third picture it is what Ford said they have seen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4255.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	570.2 KB
ID:	482770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water leak.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	540.8 KB
ID:	482778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water leak 1.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	482786  
hw405 is offline  
Rookie
 
WayneK's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
Location: Minden
Posts: 39
 
Feel UNDER the carpet, if wet you got a problem. A leak or someone got the carpet wet somehow.
WayneK is offline  
Rookie
 
Saxdogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 8
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hw405 View Post
OK got my car back Tuesday. Dealer said they resealed around windshield and pillars. We'll see how it goes. some have asked about fresh air and recirc. Doesn't matter does it on both settings. Car has never been wet inside either.
So you've been good so far after this or still bad?
Saxdogg is offline  
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
crjackson2134's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,163
 
Garage
This isn't normal. They'll have to keep looking until the source is found. Somethings tracking down an odd problem is time consuming and frustrating. By looking at some of the pictures I can understand how someone might think this is normal condensate under particular conditions. However the last set of pictures clearly show a condition that isn't normal.



2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
crjackson2134 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1