Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/)
-   -   Trade in value (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/906330-trade-value.html)

RandoTheKing 10-19-2015 11:17 AM

Trade in value

Has anyone traded in a 2013 v6 premium? I think I want to get rid of this car before it becomes a huge money pit now that the warranty is up. Unfortunately I've had a lot of issues with it and I know I won't find a buyer on craigslist with so much cash on hand. I kind of want a truck but I don't think I'm going to find anything I want that isn't insanely priced.

Anyone that has traded a similar car, what can I expect? I've actually never traded a car in before so any tips would be appreciated.

2013 Mustang 3.7L Premium
Pic: http://imgur.com/jh7Yadx
Window Sticker: http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8AM1D5254391

44,000 miles
Original Owner
I have all service and part receipts

Mods:
  • Tuned with Bama X4/SF4
  • Airaid Cold Air Intake
  • Steeda Shifter Base Bushing
  • Roush Axle-Back Exhaust
  • Mustang AMR Charcoal Wheel & Mickey Thompson Tire Kit - 18x8
  • Modern Billet Upper & Lower Grille (dipped black)
  • Dipped black chrome surround
  • Laser cut and professionally installed 40% SolarGard window tint all around (including windshield)
  • Custom Mustang Running Pony Racing Stripe Shift Knob (Grabber Blue/Black Stripe)
  • Pioneer TSD6802R 6x8 front speakers
  • Panavise InDash Adjustable Cellphone Mount
  • Automatic headlight/fog switch
  • Raxiom Map Light LEDs
  • LED license plate lights
  • After market waterpump overflow hose that prevents the common waterpump issues with air getting into the system

Damage: Not much. I park miles away from everyone but that doesn't stop all of the assholes.
  • Passenger window scratch 1" long
  • Rear end bumper has minor paint scratch from a fender bender. Can be professionally touched up or touched up with touchup paint.
  • Occasional rock chip on the hood, all touched up.
  • Leather steering wheel has normal wear
  • Driver seat leather is extra wrinkly... has been since the day I got it from the factory. Thanks Ford

JBert 10-19-2015 12:32 PM

Run it through all of the on-line tools and take the lowest number; that's probably about what a dealer will give you on trade-in. Generally "Black Book" gives the lowest numbers. You can ignore most of the mods because they don't count.

csamsh 10-19-2015 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You'd be far better off parting it out. None of your mods will add any value. Once it's back to stock, take it to carmax and get a quote from them (which is good for a while) then go shop it at dealers. If they can't beat it, decide if you want to go for Craigslist or sell to carmax. You can leave there with just a check.

Strange Mud 10-19-2015 12:50 PM

also, what we say doesn't matter unless it's "I'll give you $xxxx for it" look up all values KBB NADA True Car etc. Print out high ones. Go to Car Max and get a written offer and be prepared to be dissapointed. Remember dealers will sometimes adjust selling price of new vehicle to give you alot for your trade. get a realistic value of what they go for and figure if you want to go to the hassle of selling it yourself.

kenv 10-19-2015 03:17 PM

Just to give you some idea, when I traded my `13 V6 automatic `vert (not premium). The most I could get for it was $19,000. That was almost two years ago, & the car had less than 5,000 (five thousand) miles on it. YMMV