Trade in value - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Trade in value

Has anyone traded in a 2013 v6 premium? I think I want to get rid of this car before it becomes a huge money pit now that the warranty is up. Unfortunately I've had a lot of issues with it and I know I won't find a buyer on craigslist with so much cash on hand. I kind of want a truck but I don't think I'm going to find anything I want that isn't insanely priced.

Anyone that has traded a similar car, what can I expect? I've actually never traded a car in before so any tips would be appreciated.

2013 Mustang 3.7L Premium
Pic: http://imgur.com/jh7Yadx
Window Sticker: http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8AM1D5254391

44,000 miles
Original Owner
I have all service and part receipts

Mods:
  • Tuned with Bama X4/SF4
  • Airaid Cold Air Intake
  • Steeda Shifter Base Bushing
  • Roush Axle-Back Exhaust
  • Mustang AMR Charcoal Wheel & Mickey Thompson Tire Kit - 18x8
  • Modern Billet Upper & Lower Grille (dipped black)
  • Dipped black chrome surround
  • Laser cut and professionally installed 40% SolarGard window tint all around (including windshield)
  • Custom Mustang Running Pony Racing Stripe Shift Knob (Grabber Blue/Black Stripe)
  • Pioneer TSD6802R 6x8 front speakers
  • Panavise InDash Adjustable Cellphone Mount
  • Automatic headlight/fog switch
  • Raxiom Map Light LEDs
  • LED license plate lights
  • After market waterpump overflow hose that prevents the common waterpump issues with air getting into the system

Damage: Not much. I park miles away from everyone but that doesn't stop all of the assholes.
  • Passenger window scratch 1" long
  • Rear end bumper has minor paint scratch from a fender bender. Can be professionally touched up or touched up with touchup paint.
  • Occasional rock chip on the hood, all touched up.
  • Leather steering wheel has normal wear
  • Driver seat leather is extra wrinkly... has been since the day I got it from the factory. Thanks Ford

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Run it through all of the on-line tools and take the lowest number; that's probably about what a dealer will give you on trade-in. Generally "Black Book" gives the lowest numbers. You can ignore most of the mods because they don't count.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015
GT Member
S197 Member

You'd be far better off parting it out. None of your mods will add any value. Once it's back to stock, take it to carmax and get a quote from them (which is good for a while) then go shop it at dealers. If they can't beat it, decide if you want to go for Craigslist or sell to carmax. You can leave there with just a check.

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015
SHELBY GT 350 Member

also, what we say doesn't matter unless it's "I'll give you $xxxx for it" look up all values KBB NADA True Car etc. Print out high ones. Go to Car Max and get a written offer and be prepared to be dissapointed. Remember dealers will sometimes adjust selling price of new vehicle to give you alot for your trade. get a realistic value of what they go for and figure if you want to go to the hassle of selling it yourself.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Just to give you some idea, when I traded my `13 V6 automatic `vert (not premium). The most I could get for it was $19,000. That was almost two years ago, & the car had less than 5,000 (five thousand) miles on it. YMMV

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page