Ford Sync - What is Sync Line In For? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Ford Sync - What is Sync Line In For?

I have a 2011 Mustang GT with Ford Sync system. I have never been able to understand what 'Sync Line In' is for.

I'm using an iPhone and when it is connected to the USB port it's 'USB Media' and when it's not connected to USB port it's 'Bluetooth Audio'.

When I connect the iPhone to the USB port shouldn't it simply connect to the USB Media and if you want to over-ride that then you could use the voice command to switch to Bluetooth Audio? Therefore Sync Line In is redundant. Unless I am missing something of course.

There are no commands for 'Sync Line In' so can anyone explain what Sync Line In is used for?

2011 Mustang GT Premium | Glass Roof | Steeda CAI | Tune | GT 500 mufflers | Hankook 275/40ZR19 | Tinted windows

[Sold] 2000 Mustang 3.8L V6 Automatic | Synthetic Oil | Cold Air Intake | BFGoodrich GForce 245/45/17 | Cobra Rims | Metallic Red | Tinted Windows | Alpine Media Center
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

'Line In' assumes you are using a patch cord from the headphone jack on the iPhone to the line-in jack on your console. Press the command button and say 'USB' if you are using a USB cable to connect or 'Bluetooth Audio' to use a wireless connection #assuming you have paired your iPhone to Sync#. IIRC

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015
Rookie

There is a 8.5mm (or 1/8in) auxiliary input in my center console. This is the "Sync Line in" on my 2012GT.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Thanks guys,

It never occurred to me to look for a stereo 1/8 input.

Makes sense now.

Joe

2011 Mustang GT Premium | Glass Roof | Steeda CAI | Tune | GT 500 mufflers | Hankook 275/40ZR19 | Tinted windows

[Sold] 2000 Mustang 3.8L V6 Automatic | Synthetic Oil | Cold Air Intake | BFGoodrich GForce 245/45/17 | Cobra Rims | Metallic Red | Tinted Windows | Alpine Media Center
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Right from Ford/Sync:

Auxiliary input jack provides input for older portable media devices that only have a headphone jack. You need to use a special aux-in cable and won’t be able to use voice commands and other hands-free features of SYNC

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ford sync

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page