Buying a Mustang....need input please - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Here you go SteveC06. Get one of these and you can leave the Odyssey in the garage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_iRCv1fz1s Put this in the front seat of the GT and the Walter Woods in the trunk.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeVel View Post
Here you go SteveC06. Get one of these and you can leave the Odyssey in the garage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_iRCv1fz1s Put this in the front seat of the GT and the Walter Woods in the trunk.
Very true. Thing is, my wife and kids are looking forward to a weekend with the "pony" as my 6 year old says.

Actually, for this gig I'm bringing my upright, a small combo amp, a pair of electrics, and a tux/overnight bag, so it should be a little cramped in the Mustang. The Odyssey is not that bad to drive, and the load in/out is so easy. I also have Satellite radio in the van - not yet in the Mustang.

2006 Mustang GT Premium in Vista Blue with Light Graphite leather interior. Shaker1000 stereo, hood scoop and spoiler. Mods: 8" antenna; lower grill inserts; sequential tail lights; Hood Struts; Steeda Strut Tower Brace; Magnaflow Street Axle Backs; painted to match radiator cover and extensions; chrome engine dress-up package
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeVel View Post
Very true. Thing is, my wife and kids are looking forward to a weekend with the "pony" as my 6 year old says.

Actually, for this gig I'm bringing my upright, a small combo amp, a pair of electrics, and a tux/overnight bag, so it should be a little cramped in the Mustang. The Odyssey is not that bad to drive, and the load in/out is so easy. I also have Satellite radio in the van - not yet in the Mustang.

2006 Mustang GT Premium in Vista Blue with Light Graphite leather interior. Shaker1000 stereo, hood scoop and spoiler. Mods: 8" antenna; lower grill inserts; sequential tail lights; Hood Struts; Steeda Strut Tower Brace; Magnaflow Street Axle Backs; painted to match radiator cover and extensions; chrome engine dress-up package

Apprentice

It's definitely an aftermarket panel for the climate control, but that's a necessity if you want to replace the head unit because the center panel is all one piece. It's all plug-and-play and shouldn't cause any problems. I drive my Mustang year-round and personally wouldn't be able to live with a touchscreen for climate controls because I need something that works when I'm wearing gloves, but YMMV.

If you have your heart set on a V6 manual you may not have much choice in the matter -- those seem to be pretty rare.

2013 GT Premium 6MT. GHIG, Black/Cashmere 401A interior, Comfort Package, 19" 5-spoke wheels. Two boosters, one RFT card for my parking garage at work, daily driver.
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Aerostar5MT View Post
If you have your heart set on a V6 manual you may not have much choice in the matter -- those seem to be pretty rare.
I guess rare is a relative term lol. They made so many '11-'14 Mustangs that very few are really that rare. I live in a smallish city (172nd largest in the country) and I had a handful of 3.7L manuals to choose from without even leaving town. Considering I had to fly 1000 miles to pick up my last car, "rare" isn't exactly the word I'd use lol. But automatics are indeed a heck of a lot more common so I wouldn't let a detail as small as an aftermarket stereo throw me off of a car that checks all the other boxes.

Base 2012 - 3.5L EcoBoost V6 swap (from '14 F150), MT82
435whp 510wtq Tuned by MPT Performance
Rookie

Get an 02' GT, it's worth it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9z7nxMkmi8
Apprentice

Test drive the V6. Put it through its paces. I'm quite happy with the V6's performance, but a very long line of gutless 4 bangers got me to that point. I have no doubt that the V8 is an absolute hoot to drive (and that sound!), but the 3.7 offers great kick for daily use.

"I've secretly replaced your tow-rope with a bungee cord. Let's see what happens..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page