Educate me - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oo5GT View Post
The 11-14 back ends are way better looking than the 15 and up. I was going to buy a 15 but just couldn't get over its rear. Found a great deal on my 14 GT and I'm happy with it.
I recently rented a '16 Ecoboost from AVIS. Every time I think of the new Mustang, the thought of that football field size hood immediately comes to mind. That ruined it. I don't care about all the improvements in the 15+. That dam hood nixes them all. I love my '14 and everything about it.

Santa Elena Canyon, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TX

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver (the towing package)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiehick View Post
i love my '14 and everything about it.
x10

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

How about the 4.6 vs the 5.0?

I see 4.6 GTs and CSs with very low miles for less than 1/2 what they sold for new.

I like the 11+ body style better, but it doesn't hurt to shop.

The only 4.6 I have owned was a F150, and I have not driven a 5.0.

I was always into the old iron, I sold two 65s last year because I didn't have parking and I didn't want the weather to destroy them. They were both really nice cars.

I followed the misses today, she was driving the 94 vert, that's still a sharp looking car.

Over the hill and picking up speed!

GT Member

What kept me out of a new Mustang for 16 years (I've had 5, all 5.0s, from '68 to the 2014 I have now) was that gas sucking taxi motor that is the 4.6. Even the supposedly improved 3V was a bit of a ******* child. They sound good, no question but, performance is lacking and they have weak internals if you press them hard. Block is good, rotating assembly, junk beyond 450. Finally, they got the car right in 2011, in my opinion. I bought a 2012 new but, sadly, I killed it after supercharging it. Now I have the '14 and it's great as is. Little shot of nitrous for track hilarity and all's good.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post

I know 2015 was a new platform, but other than a few ponies, whats the difference?
Ford made a few engine changes on the '15 .. The 2 biggie's are the revised intake with charge motion plates similar to the 3V and new heads with bigger valves, valve springs and cams.

The engine responds to modd'ing very well from what I've seen.

Ford also beefed up the rods so the revised engine can handle 800+hp easy.

I kinda like the new body in the darker colors, but the white and orange just don't work for me.

2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT, Forged 4.6L Roush TVS and other stuff ... The modding shall never end ...

Wife's car ... 2014 Sterling Gray Premium GT 401A, stock for now ..
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
I owed a 2011 V6 that was a great car. I loved the backend of the 2011 but hated the 12-14 rear tail lights. I love the my 2015 and as it has already been stated the older models don't really compare. It really comes down to what you want as a consumer. We are all partial to what we own so I would suggest that you drive a few and then make a decision. If you want a GT don't settle for a anything less because you will not be happy. I talked myself into a V6 in 2011 and ended up trading for a 15 because that was what I always wanted.(GT)

Preacherman
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
If you want a GT don't settle for a anything less because you will not be happy. I talked myself into a V6 in 2011 and ended up trading for a 15 because that was what I always wanted.(GT)
How true this is! I bought a 2012 V6 Premium and loved the car. But there was something seriously missing. Being a child of the '60s, I seriously yearned for a V8. So I was 95% happy with the V6. That 5% unhappy sucks. In order to quench that thirst and fill the void, I had planned to get a 2015 GT but ended up with my 14 GT as the 15's were coming out (got a killer deal and I couldn't warm up to the new 15 styling). I got the 14 fresh off the truck and couldn't be happier in every way.

Santa Elena Canyon, BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TX

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver (the towing package)
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I love our 94 GT but the performance is very poor by todays standards for a 5 liter V8. I may sell my 64 F100 this spring, I wouldn't feel so bad about parting with the cash on a new(er) car then. The F100 will bring 12-15k.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
I believe he's talking about price, not performance...
Yes.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

After much deliberation I have decided that the only Mustang I will be happy with is a GT.

The wife is not willing to spend the cash on a new one so t looks like a 11-14 is what we are in the market for.

I would consider a 05-10 if the options and miles are right

I need to sell the 94 first.

PONY Member

Garage
I love my 12
not to say I don't like the 15s
may trade up in a few yrs to the 2017 in the year 2020
3 yrs old and you get the most depreciation
example bought my 2012 gt vert for 25000 Canadian dollars in the yr 2015 3yrs old
the price new here in Canada for that car was 48000 dollars Canadian
the car had 30000 kms on it or 18000 miles
it was like brand new to me
noo issues so far
very happy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150823-00219.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	647.1 KB
ID:	506153   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150822-00216.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	775.9 KB
ID:	506161   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150822_170019.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	983.5 KB
ID:	506169  

GO BIG OR GO HOME
5.0 coyote
BBK cold air intake
SCT tuner with 91 tune
roush axle back
Go BILLS

91 tune
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

We went out to dinner tonight and went by the Ford dealer on the way home.

21k later we are the proud owners of a triple black 2014 V6 premium convertible. 21,000 miles, equipment group 202A, automatic, rear sensors, comfort package. Sticker in 2014 was $35,970. Pics tomorrow.

GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Congrats on the new ride! Get those pics up!!!!

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Loooong day today. I got about 15 min behind the wheel of the new ride.

Even with the wimpy 2.73s, I would say the 3.7 is quicker than our bone stock 1994 5.0.

I like it. Road trip to Savannah tomorrow, so will get about 400 miles on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page