DIY Brake Cooling Duct Kit - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
Thompson Speedway by any chance? GB V6 with black 18x10 AMR wheels?

Maybe I'll see you there on April 26 . . . PM me for $25 discount code.
That would be me, I hope to be at Thompson the 26th. I will PM you for discount code thanks.

2012 Grabber blue Performance Package V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Garage
CDC makes a brake cooling kit now that doesn't require moving or deleting the tank. You have to have their chin spoiler and altogether you're around $500.
2010-12 Mustang | Chin Spoiler Brake Duct Kit | CDC

2011 Mustang GT
Sterling Gray Metallic
5.0 'Coyote' V8
6-speed manual
Perma-Grin
GT Member

The Vorshlag 3" kit fit fine on my 13 GT. Just trim some of the black inner fender wells for the duct routing. Trimming holes in the black honeycomb grill insert and cutting holes behind that insert for the inlet duct plates. No movement of the washer fluid tank.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Blowfish Racing also sells a 3" kit for both the 2012 as well as the 2013 Mustangs that is fairly inexpensive.

Engine: RGR 326ci shortblock - RGR Stage 2 Heads - RGR Custom Grind Cams - Cobra Jet Intake Manifold - Ford Racing Monoblade Throttle Body - JLT Cobra Jet CAI
Front Suspension: BMR K-Member - BMR A-Arms - BMR A-Arm Support Bar - BMR Radiator Support - Ford Racing Boss 302R Steering Rack
Rear Suspension: BMR Adjustable Lower Control Arms
Exhaust: Kooks 1 7/8ths Long Tubes - Kooks Green Cats H-Pipe, Kooks Boss Side Pipes, JPC Racing over axle pipes - Ford Racing SVT Sport Mufflers
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford20 View Post
Blowfish Racing also sells a 3" kit for both the 2012 as well as the 2013 Mustangs that is fairly inexpensive.
Yeah, that kit is for the Brembo cars just like all the other kits I've found so far, that's why I want to try to mock up my own. Hopefully now that I've got most of the work around the house done I can get the car up on the lift and start tinkering.

Jason

'14 F150 4x4 SuperCrew 302

SOLD
'11 GT MT w/ 3.73s and some bolt-ons
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_GT_5spd View Post
Has anyone fabricated a brake cooling kit for the 11-12 non Brembo cars without the Boss/CS front fascia?
Yes, for a 2008 with the little 12.4" brakes. Well, about 90% of a kit.

Welded my own nozzles onto the backing plates (they're bigger than they look in the picture below), fit intake openings, and ran some hose up to point at the nozzles without attaching to them. Didn't think the flex tubing would survive the flexing from either steering or suspension movement. Works well enough with street tires and track speeds achievable at the 300-ish crank HP level anyway (125-ish on the tracks I've driven, tops).

It's been through a couple of 4-off's, hence the dents, misalignment & repairs and the crack/hole that I didn't catch before I took these pictures a few minutes ago. Vorshlag's 3" kit is going to be replacing all of this once the GT500 brakes go on (and before the next track day).

Norm

'08 GT coupe, 5M, wheels, tires, pads, fluid, a few suspension mods . . . still almost stock height
'19 WRX, 6M (hers)
'01 Maxima 20AE, 5M (spare, winter driver)
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Yes, for a 2008 with the little 12.4" brakes. Well, about 90% of a kit.

Welded my own nozzles onto the backing plates (they're bigger than they look in the picture below), fit intake openings, and ran some hose up to point at the nozzles without attaching to them. Didn't think the flex tubing would survive the flexing from either steering or suspension movement. Works well enough with street tires and track speeds achievable at the 300-ish crank HP level anyway (125-ish on the tracks I've driven, tops).

It's been through a couple of 4-off's, hence the dents, misalignment & repairs and the crack/hole that I didn't catch before I took these pictures a few minutes ago. Vorshlag's 3" kit is going to be replacing all of this once the GT500 brakes go on (and before the next track day).

Norm
Thanks for the pics Norm. I'm starting to get caught up with the work around the house so I'll be able to put the car up on the lift and see what I have to work with.

Jason

'14 F150 4x4 SuperCrew 302

SOLD
'11 GT MT w/ 3.73s and some bolt-ons
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page