Ford Mustang Forum banner

How to tell if you're getting the most out of your Stang

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Blazin72 
#1 ·
And driving it like it was meant to be.
For the life of me I cannot understand what it's like to be jealous...but I realize that man people are for this or that. Sometimes driving a nice looking car is enough.....but if you're driving a sharp looking Mustang....it can mean a lot of jealous folks on the road around you.
I know that I'm getting every penny out of my Mustang when I can drive in town and get the finger from somebody, I guess it's just who's the most badass and got the car to prove it wins? I got the finger today....matter of fact....a waving, out the window, shaking fist with finger. That tells me that I'm number one on the road at the time! Cool!
I guess I could have gone for two or more, but I was already on the way home.

#3 ·
Where are you driving? High School parking lots? Seriously, I haven't encountered anything like that. :surprise:
Twenty years ago, yes. That kind of stuff happened. But that was when brand loyalty flowed through your blood. Nowadays, it's not as prevalent. I've owned Mazdas, Chevys and Fords. I guess I'm a bit of an odd duck.

#5 ·
Where are you driving? High School parking lots? Seriously, I haven't encountered anything like that.
Me either. I don't give a rats butt about other peoples opinions of what I drive and- aside from the occasional compliment and requisite "thank you"- don't pay any attention to others reactions to myself or my car.

I drive it because I like it and have fun with it. That's it.

#4 ·
When you say "driving it like it was meant to be", do you mean to say that you were driving your car in traffic in an aggressive manner & someone took offense, or were you just cruising along & someone decided to give you the bird?

#7 ·
Excellent question.

I find ther is a bit of a free pass to drive like an ******* in this car. People expect it and when I don't, they are a tetch surprised by that, which I find hilarious. Challenging assumptions and lack of intellectual rigour every day, I am.

#6 ·
perhaps they were driving a Prius and were angry over your carbon footprint?

RWSRWS

#8 ·
. . . driving it like it was meant to be.
. . . I guess it's just who's the most badass and got the car to prove it wins? I got the finger today....matter of fact....a waving, out the window, shaking fist with finger. . . . .
Man, where do you live? . . . .
Where are you driving? High School parking lots? . . . .
When you say "driving it like it was meant to be", do you mean to say that you were driving your car in traffic in an aggressive manner . . . ?
Excellent question.

I find ther is a bit of a free pass to drive like an ******* in this car. . . . .
hmmmmmm . . . does make me wonder what "driving it like it was meant to be" means

#11 ·
Brand loyalty, to whatever, is a sucker's play.

I gave fair accounting to the three ponycars when I was looking to buy one again this time.

I really liked the Challenger but it was too big, too boaty and too expensive for me.

The Camaro SS I liked but, the motor felt a bit wheezy up top, the interior was cheap feeling and looking and I couldn't see out of it. Price was competitive so, that kept it in the running. It had potential in the handling department and decent cam would have taken care of the wheezy.

The Mustang Coyote offered the lightest package, eye-catching looks, a gorgeous engine that sang up high, a mostly decent interior, (bar the plastic-slab door cards)

So, I made that choice and subsequently, bought a second S197 when I crashed the first one.

Over time, I've had many cars, from all over the world. For the most part I have enjoyed them all. However, I do seem to keep circling back to Mustangs. I have had five, from three different generations, all "5.0s" so, they must keep meeting a need for me.

#12 ·
I've dealt with my share of stupidity since acquiring my Mustang - mostly from idiot coworkers. I've written it off as either jealousy or some type of mild developmental disorder. I haven't really experienced very much in the way of backlash from the fine citizenry of Fargo while I'm behind the wheel. Stares, smiles & waves, mostly. But I drive pretty conservatively in town. I've nothing to prove. If I want to get on it a bit, I leave town & find some sparsely-traveled highways (we have many of those here in good ol' Nert D'kerta). I leave town a lot :wink:

#13 ·
It's because you "can" not because you "do". Driving "like it's meant to be" in a place where it is not meant to be will get you the finger every time, and occasionally a piece of paper from the local authorities.

Not to say what it does to the reputation of the rest of us.....0:)

#15 · (Edited)
I'm getting the impression some here have a slightly off impression of what other drivers/people think about their car.

95% of people don't care about vehicles......at all. They don't care about what they drive, and they certainly don't care about what you drive. They don't look at your car, or care about it. They're not impressed by it, they're not interested in it, they don't even notice it.

Reactions: Gator3-7
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.