No Mods - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post
Obviously we did not buy a V6 Premium convertible because we wanted a performance car.
I actually got the V6 since it has better Balance than the GT. Life for me is not a quarter mile at a time. Ford put steering wheels in these cars for a reason
As for premium, I do want to enjoy it at the same time

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
I actually got the V6 since it has better Balance than the GT. Life for me is not a quarter mile at a time. Ford put steering wheels in these cars for a reason
As for premium, I do want to enjoy it at the same time
What do you mean by Better Balance ?

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

When I want to go fast I hop on the scoot.

Over the hill and picking up speed!

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDmustang13 View Post
Why don't you just unplug the wire connected to the transmission. I just had my clutch replaced and I asked the technician what this connector on the transmission was for because no wires were connected. He said that is the skip shift solenoid? or something. He said people disconnect the wire to that to eliminate skip shift. It is on the passenger side toward the top. You can verify I am correct if you go to the stickies and get in the 2011 service manual.

Best no cost mod to date! Skip shift is so un popular that even Ford eliminated in 2013 MY.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post

He's referring to front to rear weight distribution. Just like the GT is better than the GT500 in that respect. Less weight in front = better handling.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
What SteveGT2012 said, it is all about the balance when you turn the Steering Wheel.
Some did not want to pay extra for the Premium, I found I did not need to pay Extra for the 117 HP I really did not need, if it can't be done with 305 I guess I don't need to do it.
1DrunkCat likes this.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I chose the V6 premium for much the same reason... I was coming from a 310 HP Trans Am and figured why would I need more? Of course there's a big difference in torque but a gear ratio change and tune took care of much of that. Besides, there were certain trim differences that I wanted that weren't available in a GT - primarily a stone colored top, corralled pony grille and lower valance fog lights.

2011 Pony Pkg. convertible M6
2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)
PONY Member

Garage
Lots of double posts for me lately. Sorry guys.

2006 Mustang GT Premium in Vista Blue with Light Graphite leather interior. Shaker1000 stereo, hood scoop and spoiler. Mods: 8" antenna; lower grill inserts; sequential tail lights; Hood Struts; Steeda Strut Tower Brace; Magnaflow Street Axle Backs; painted to match radiator cover and extensions; chrome engine dress-up package
PONY Member

Garage
For me it's the look and sound. The look you can get in most any Mustang. The new EcoBoost looks great and very much like a GT. It has power - enough for me anyway - and a nice interior. The thing it doesn't have is that sound when you start it. I could get by so much better financially and economically with a V6 or EcoBoost. It would look great, drive great, have a great interior, etc. I almost talked myself into one...until I start them. It's shallow. It's crazy. It's illogical. But every time I start my GT...I smile.

Maybe it'll wear off on day and I'll get an economical car. Until then, it's the GT and some simple mods. Not for Hp or Torque, but for looks - and sound.

2006 Mustang GT Premium in Vista Blue with Light Graphite leather interior. Shaker1000 stereo, hood scoop and spoiler. Mods: 8" antenna; lower grill inserts; sequential tail lights; Hood Struts; Steeda Strut Tower Brace; Magnaflow Street Axle Backs; painted to match radiator cover and extensions; chrome engine dress-up package
GT Member

I certainly do a 1/4 mile, as many times as I can. That explains the slicks in the basement and the nitrous in the trunk, and the choice of a 5.0 over a 3.7. No judgment, to each his own but, this is my 5th V8 Mustang, all 5.0s, starting from 1968 forward.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC06 View Post
For me it's the look and sound. The look you can get in most any Mustang. The new EcoBoost looks great and very much like a GT. It has power - enough for me anyway - and a nice interior. The thing it doesn't have is that sound when you start it. I could get by so much better financially and economically with a V6 or EcoBoost. It would look great, drive great, have a great interior, etc. I almost talked myself into one...until I start them. It's shallow. It's crazy. It's illogical. But every time I start my GT...I smile.

Maybe it'll wear off on day and I'll get an economical car. Until then, it's the GT and some simple mods. Not for Hp or Torque, but for looks - and sound.
What your saying about the sound is exactly why I bought my GT and passed on a newer SHO. The SHO is more practical being a sedan and awd. Its a pretty quick car too, just when you get on it the sound is not something I liked. So I went with the GT and have a old Subaru Forester for my other needs. I agree 100% about the smile every time I get into my mustang

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Pack, Electronics Pack, Comfort Pack, Borla S Type Catback BMR LCAs Roush Chin Spoiler
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I always liked the guys that say they would not own a V6 car because of the way it sounds in then gets into his straight piped Cummins powered Dodge which last I looked was a 6 cylinder.
I have had my share of V8 powered muscle in my life, at 55 years old I am not about to buy a car because of the way it sounds.
1DrunkCat likes this.

2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
I always liked the guys that say they would not own a V6 car because of the way it sounds in then gets into his straight piped Cummins powered Dodge which last I looked was a 6 cylinder.
I have had my share of V8 powered muscle in my life, at 55 years old I am not about to buy a car because of the way it sounds.
I'm 62 and I own a v8 because I like the way it sounds. My wife's 2.0 MKC ecoboost sounds better than a v6.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page