Cervini hood ---- BAD - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Cervini hood ---- BAD

I just started to prep my Cervini hood for installation on a 2013 Mustang. It is the Stalker model -HD1217-V
Talk about disappointed! It looks like the ocean on a windy day!
There are low spots that will take a 1/4 inch of Bondo to get it level.
I can't return it as I actually purchased it from the original buyer. He never installed it and probably didn't realize the flaws.
Has Cervini quality slipped?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
no,they are a pretty reliable company. you may have gotten a bad mold,it could happen. you also have to ask why the original buyer didnt install the hood? hope you got it cheap,if you were the original buyer,i believe cervini's would have made things right.i have never purchased a hood from them but have heard many good things about them. i purchased a hood back in 2009 from tru-fiber and had similar issues. not a perfect fit or gel coat finish but i made it work. good luck

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz View Post
no,they are a pretty reliable company. you may have gotten a bad mold,it could happen. you also have to ask why the original buyer didnt install the hood? hope you got it cheap,if you were the original buyer,i believe cervini's would have made things right.i have never purchased a hood from them but have heard many good things about them. i purchased a hood back in 2009 from tru-fiber and had similar issues. not a perfect fit or gel coat finish but i made it work. good luck

I know it was a 19 year old's unused hood that he got as a gift. He said he was going back to collage and selling his car. He was a nice kid - I believe him. I got it for $300 so I guess I can afford to do some filling and blocking. Just disappointed, thats all.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016
GT Member

Is it worth a shot to talk to the guy and see if he has or can get the receipt so you can communicate with Cervinis etc.?

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDmustang13 View Post
Is it worth a shot to talk to the guy and see if he has or can get the receipt so you can communicate with Cervinis etc.?

Maybe. ---- thanks.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have bought a few hoods from them and quality has never been an issue. Without the original reciept you're most likely wasting your time I'm afraid. Best of luck.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I done some blocking this evening to see what I got.
It seems to be covered in black primer with white gelcoat underneath.
What color or surface do these usually come in?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I got one that was painted and the others have come with the white gel coat.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
I got one that was painted and the others have come with the white gel coat.

OK I thought it should have been white gelcoat.
Well, I don't know the history on this so I can't point fingers.
However, it was made with some ripples and then primed black to hide them.
Oh well, I'll get it fixed eventually
SHELBY GT 350 Member

It's hit or miss from anyone company. Same reason they will put in there "may need prep work" which means it could have some issues that need to be dealt with before painting. Heck, I bought a few authentic saleen parts years back for my 1998 Saleen. Talk about needing a lot of prep work before painting. and that crap isn't cheap.

2014 Mustang GT, A6, Grabber Blue
GT Member

I recently bought a cervinis hood, and quality overall was real good. Could be when it was originally purchased, it was stored improperly before the hood had completely cured, and that could have caused some of the waves/imperfections you mentioned.

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

PONY Member

My Cervini's hood only came in that white gel coat finish, the guys at the shop said they had a little bit of prep work to do before they painted it.

I would put a poll up asking if anyone else got their cervini's hood in a finish other than the gel coat. To me it sounds like it was painted that flat black to hide the imperfections. Just my two cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page