Ford Mustang Forum banner

Stop the mods?

1K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  p411mstang 
#1 ·
As much as I love my 2012 Roush I am contemplating stopping any future modifications to it and sell it if/when the Mach 1 comes out...what do you all think?

#2 ·
If you are in Prospect, Connecticut, I think I might be interested in buying it.

#3 ·
I am in Prospect, CT...not that I have done any heavy modding (Came with Roush Axlebacks, I Painted louvers and ducktail Matte Black, Roush CAI, and have a Corsa After Cat X Pipe to go on this Sat) was planning on suspension this winter, and then Roush Supercharger the following spring...but like I said if/when the Mach 1 comes out I am all in...had a 2003 Azure Blue and loved it...

#6 ·
Is the current car making you happy? Knowing when you are happy is a mark of wisdom and experience. My eyes linger on the GT350, etc. but, a lot of pleasure is provided by my 2014 GT, so much so that contemplating a big debt burden to get something like that becomes unpalatable. I love how my 14 looks, drives, performs at the dragstrip and the support base and price point of maintenance and modification so, it's a committed long-term relationship, I think. :grin:

Reactions: p411mstang
#7 ·
Owning my '07 now, I couldn't agree more with this.

If you're completely content with your current Mustang and have to go in to debt to get a new shiny one, then why do it?

I've contemplated trading mine in, but it's not worth anything to a dealer and it's very customized to my own tastes. Since Mach 1 didn't exist in the S197 era, I had to make my own.

Reactions: p411mstang
#9 ·
I once quit for like two weeks in a row !!:grin:

Got a link to the new Mach?

Scott

#14 ·
Go get it JBert!!!

#17 ·
Double tap, sorry.

#18 ·
When I had my Mustang at Shelby American, I took almost every option available figuring I would never have to any mods again.

That was wrong. I have put in a Tremec XL, 4:10s in the rear, a smaller SC pulley and just had a 302R EPAS put in yesterday.
It never stops... the mods I mean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.