Future of the G T engine? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
ONEZ ST's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Iowa Park
Posts: 7,162
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterang View Post
Don't expect a V6 TT to have a V6 or GT price tag. This brute will most definitely outperform and replace the current GT350R as the top performing mustang so you will pay to play at a premium, $55-65k before ADM would be my guess.

The GT V8 should still be available at $30-35k for a few years after but interest will drop sharply and it will slowly be priced and viewed as today's V6. V6 non turbo will drop off the map.

People are fickle, the 8-Cylinder go fast guys who love their sounds today will trade up to a V6 TT when they realize they aren't the fastest on the block. The archaic cylinder count and sound mindset will be a mute point for people wanting a high performance mustang.

Sound does excite the senses so a V8 is better but heck Borla ATAKs on the current gen V6 sound better than stock GT already so audiophiles will have options. I doubt it will be necessary though.

We're a good couple of years out so save up, I know I am!
I' m not worried about being the fastest. But I also don't have to use a Bose Acoustic Wave audio system piping sound effects on a V6 TT to make it sound like a GT.


----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
ONEZ ST is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
 
Rogan01's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Ft. Laudedale
Posts: 333
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
If any of the manufacturer's quit producing V8's for their sports cars, I will quit buying. I have no interest in turbo or supercharged V6's and I don't think there are very many long term durability results for these high horsepower duel turbo charged ecoboosts to convince me to buy. I personally love the sound of a V8 and is one of the reasons I chose my GT over a V6 model.

I do think that the manufactures are moving away from V8's to some extent but I do think they will be around for a little while still.

Wayne
I know we are all speculating - which is what this fun thread was about and very interesting possibilities - but I am with you Wayne should that be the next generation. Hoping the v8 in some form continues as the standard G T engine. Glad to have my 2014 track pack even more now. Seems the manual transmissions are also going to be rare. Love me the sound of a v8 in the morning too : ) Cheers!

Rogan01 is offline  
Apprentice
 
Masterang's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Gaith
Posts: 175
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
That's total BS.
Nothing BS about this

Here's stock GT: link

Youtube doesn't capture the sound well, even the GT exhaust doesn't sound right. I tried but I care less about a car's sound. Performance on the cheap is what I want.
Masterang is offline  
 
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member
 
5.0 Coyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: San Carlos Park
Posts: 2,339
               
Unhappy

I don"t want anything less than a V8, or anything that is boosted,turbo or supercharged or direct injected,the Ecoboost fans aren"t going to be to happy when they have to have there engines decarbed $$$$$$$$$$,I am glad I have my 2011 Coyote, but I also think the V8 days are numbered, Café standards and Gov"t regulations will kill it.
5.0 Coyote is offline  
Apprentice
 
Masterang's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Gaith
Posts: 175
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post
I' m not worried about being the fastest. But I also don't have to use a Bose Acoustic Wave audio system piping sound effects on a V6 TT to make it sound like a GT.
Our new age GT or V6 or 4cyl Eco Mustangs between 1980 and 2016 all sound like Bose Acoustic Wave audio systems and look like glorified matchboxes compared to the awesome looks and great sound of the 1969 Mustangs.....didn't stop us from buying them at 10 times the cost now did it?

Trust me you won't miss the Mustang GT sound. It's all about performance, it always was and always will be. Amen.
Masterang is offline  
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member
 
5.0 Coyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: San Carlos Park
Posts: 2,339
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterang View Post
Our new age GT or V6 or 4cyl Eco Mustangs between 1980 and 2016 all sound like Bose Acoustic Wave audio systems and look like glorified matchboxes compared to the awesome looks and great sound of the 1969 Mustangs.....didn't stop us from buying them at 10 times the cost now did it?

Trust me you won't miss the Mustang GT sound. It's all about performance, it always was and always will be. Amen.
I bought a 1969 Mach 1, 428 Cobra Jet brand new,and I would NEVER trade my 2011 GT for it,performance wise, my 2011 GT would have killed that Mach 1 in every respect.
5.0 Coyote is offline  
Apprentice
 
Masterang's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Gaith
Posts: 175
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
I bought a 1969 Mach 1, 428 Cobra Jet brand new,and I would NEVER trade my 2011 GT for it,performance wise, my 2011 GT would have killed that Mach 1 in every respect.
You sure have the good life! You and your car have a 20+ year history so there's a deeper sentimental connection and that's different.

Does the 2011 GT sound better or the 1969 Mach 1?
Masterang is offline  
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member
 
5.0 Coyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: San Carlos Park
Posts: 2,339
               
Well here is the story,I am an old goat at 70 years old,my first NEW Mustang was a 1966 GT 350 I loved that car, but when the 1969 Mustang came out in the Mach 1 trim and a 428 Cobra Jet was one of those gotta have items,traded in the GT 350 and in 2 weeks time, I knew I made a huge mistake. The Mach 1 was really nose heavy and the car never handled as nimble as my GT 350,and the spark plugs were a ***** to change,so I traded it in on a Dodge Charger 440 Mag, in 1973 performance went down the drain and the muscle car died,also gas embargo and insurance,life change marriage 2 kids and a VW.Fast forward Retired, loved the look & sound of the S197 series Mustang, in 2011 5.0 Coyote in Kona Blue with Pype Bombs A/B,I will keep her till death do us part,my little garage queen. PS.I do love the sound of my Coyote over my 428 Cobra Jet, and the performance is fantastic.
Masterang likes this.
5.0 Coyote is offline  
Apprentice
 
Masterang's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Gaith
Posts: 175
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
Well here is the story,I am an old goat at 70 years old,my first NEW Mustang was a 1966 GT 350 I loved that car, but when the 1969 Mustang came out in the Mach 1 trim and a 428 Cobra Jet was one of those gotta have items,traded in the GT 350 and in 2 weeks time, I knew I made a huge mistake. The Mach 1 was really nose heavy and the car never handled as nimble as my GT 350,and the spark plugs were a ***** to change,so I traded it in on a Dodge Charger 440 Mag, in 1973 performance went down the drain and the muscle car died,also gas embargo and insurance,life change marriage 2 kids and a VW.Fast forward Retired, loved the look & sound of the S197 series Mustang, in 2011 5.0 Coyote in Kona Blue with Pype Bombs A/B,I will keep her till death do us part,my little garage queen. PS.I do love the sound of my Coyote over my 428 Cobra Jet, and the performance is fantastic.
Thanks for sharing. Just yesterday a 72 year old was advising me to buy a 2016 GT Track Pack like he did. I pray I am like him when I turn 72.

For example people/friends with S197s and before disliked the new S550 and said we'll never touch that PoS it doesn't look like any mustang we know. Fast forward to today and 6 of those people own S550s and laugh at their stupidity. The S550 is an improvement over the S197, I've driven both GT's back to back and there's noticeable difference in the performance dept.

We will adapt and change, the performance benefits from a light high powered muscle car is going to shake the industry. That's the hook.

A Coyote on Pype Bombs obviously sounds amazing. Stock for stock the exhaust on the 428 will kick ass.
5.0 Coyote likes this.
Masterang is offline  
BOSS Member
 
Thereaper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Mobile
Posts: 4,571
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterang View Post
Nothing BS about this

Here's stock GT: link

Youtube doesn't capture the sound well, even the GT exhaust doesn't sound right. I tried but I care less about a car's sound. Performance on the cheap is what I want.
Do you own a GT or a V6 Mustang?

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Thereaper is offline  
Apprentice
 
Masterang's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Gaith
Posts: 175
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
Do you own a GT or a V6 Mustang?
06 GT New to 10 GT Used to 12 V6 Used to 13 V6 New. Probably a 4 Cyl Eco in 2 years if I do no Turbo or SC the V6 by then. I don't see a V8 in my future unless I find a smokin' deal on a 1969 Mach 1, 428 Cobra Jet (I hope 5.0 Coyote gets the message)

You?
5.0 Coyote likes this.

Last edited by Masterang; 05-23-2016 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Updated Boss 302 to 69 Mach 1
Masterang is offline  
PONY Member
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Norman
Posts: 254
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
Do you own a GT or a V6 Mustang?

What he said.

A V6 with ATAK's sounds nothing like a GT exhaust . I'm not saying the v6 exhaust sounds bad, it actually sounds pretty good, but it sounds nothing like a V8.

This is the Borla S-Type on my car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klfUG-9t2Iw

2012 Mustang GT, Brembo Pkg, Yellow Blaze Metallic

Firestorm is offline  
GT Member
 
5LHO's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Point Roberts
Posts: 1,741
 
V6 turbos have sucked the joy out of F1, in case nobody noticed...and what did they replace? Glorious sounding V8s

...and look how pissed off everyone driving one of the propeller works M4s is...these cars sound asthmatic and what did that replace? A glorious sounding V8

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline  
BOSS Member
 
Thereaper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Mobile
Posts: 4,571
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterang View Post
06 GT New to 10 GT Used to 12 V6 Used to 13 V6 New. Probably a 4 Cyl Eco in 2 years if I do no Turbo or SC the V6 by then. I don't see a V8 in my future unless I find a smokin' deal on a 1969 Mach 1, 428 Cobra Jet (I hope 5.0 Coyote gets the message)

You?
A v6 guy, I should have guessed.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Thereaper is offline  
Apprentice
 
Masterang's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Gaith
Posts: 175
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
What he said.

A V6 with ATAK's sounds nothing like a GT exhaust . I'm not saying the v6 exhaust sounds bad, it actually sounds pretty good, but it sounds nothing like a V8.

This is the Borla S-Type on my car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klfUG-9t2Iw
Tell me this, IF Ford drops the same engine from a $400k Ford GT into a $50k Mustang GT making 80hp more than your current GT but is also 300lbs lighter you would see an issue with the exhaust note?

My 2010 GT sounded good but when 2011 V6s came along and put out almost similar numbers I jumped ship in the name of technological progress. Something bigger is happening with the V6 TT and I'm in for the ride.

I'm 30, work in a constantly evolving industry and lived in 4 different countries so I'm very accustomed to change. That could be my problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
A v6 guy, I should have guessed.
I've seen your type before, you'll be first in line for the V6 TT. I'd wait till the following year for them to work out the kinks.

Masterang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1