All black mustang gt or sterling gray?? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

All black mustang gt or sterling gray??

Hey all, im buying a NEW 2011 mustang gt soon. but im stuck on colors. I really like the all black but i also like the sterling gray with black rims and black accents with tinted windows. I know black is gonna be super hard to take care of too. Any help would be great. Heres some pictures. The second picture the car looks darker which is maybe why i like it more. What do you guys think?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016
PONY Member

I think it comes down to your personal preference, where you live and the environment you'll be driving in. Also just how much time and energy you're willing to put in keeping it clean and sharp looking. I had a black car once [ not a Mustang ] and it was as sharp looking as could be, but living in a rural area like I do, it was impossible to keep clean. I really like black, but both of my Mustangs are silver which is pretty forgiving when it comes to dust and the inevitable rock nicks.

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

very good points. Its gonna be a hard decision. I live in a suburban area, ive never owned a black car before, i dont want to regret buying it either

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Sterling Gray! Black is nice but keeping it clean is not fun. I have Kona Blue and I struggle to keep that clean. And small scratches and swirl marks will show like crazy. Besides, Sterling Gray is a great color.
5.0 Coyote likes this.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Cool

+ 1, I own a Kona Blue also,and any dark color is very unforgiving about dirt,nicks,scratches,mine is a garage queen and it still gets filthy just sitting in the garage.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'm a big fan of the sterling gray and black combo myself, thats definitely the route I would go.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016
PONY Member

I would go with Sterling Gray, black cars stay clean 5 minutes after you are done washing them. Any paint imperfections are going to show up and drive you crazy. But, when they are clean they look awesome.

This coming from somebody with a black 2014.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I would say Sterling Grey, but I am kind of Partial to mine

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016
PONY Member

Since we are putting up car pr0n :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
I would say Sterling Grey, but I am kind of Partial to mine

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
SHELBY GT 350 Member

New 2011 Mustang or new to you?

.fwiw I like the Grey but Race Red is faster.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
Hey all, im buying a NEW 2011 mustang gt soon. but im stuck on colors. I really like the all black but i also like the sterling gray with black rims and black accents with tinted windows. I know black is gonna be super hard to take care of too. Any help would be great. Heres some pictures. The second picture the car looks darker which is maybe why i like it more. What do you guys think?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Do both cars cost the same? mileage? what are the upgrades made to each? Weigh all the features, color is important but not imperative.

I have a black mustang with black wheels. On a 30F day you can possibly find me hand washing the car with a smile on my face. If you don't mind the upkeep then black isn't a chore. I also bought a black Honda Element and a black-white Boxer pup since. The saying is true in my case, once you go black...you don't go back!
Off to find my black amazon woman now.

Where do you find a NEW 2011 mustang in 2016? I want one too!
GT Member
S197 Member

Garage
If you have never owned a black car, don't join the club! They are beautiful when clean, but only stay clean for about 5 minutes. Go with the grey, it is a great color combo.

Howelldaddy
89 LX Notch: Floo-Tek 5.0X heads, GT-40 intake, B-303 cam, Dynamic 3800 converter, 4.10:1 gears & lots of suspension work. 12.50 @ 106.42 MPH.
BOSS Member

Garage
Black is the best looking color.
crjackson2134 likes this.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Apprentice
S197 Member

I love black mustangs. I give mine a full detail, clay bar, polish, wax once a year. Hand wash only using a two bucket system, then dry with a leaf blower. Little extra work but no other color has the deep reflective look of a well maintained black car.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Mine is a new 2011 also. I have owned it for 6 years but it still looks brand new.? Enjoy your mustang what ever color you decide.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page