Locking a Convertible - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Do you lock your convertible?
Yes 86 82.69%
No 18 17.31%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueby View Post
Yeah..I have since figured that out. The only real reason to lock with key fob is that it disables the trunk release button. I'm ASSUMING that just reaching into the car and hitting the unlock button does not allow the trunk release button to work? I will be testing that tonight.

I feel like in the past when I've cleaned my car out, simply having the keys out of the ignition with the top down disabled the trunk release button. May have to go test this out later.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Most insurance companies have a negligence clause...I.e. if you leave doors unlocked or keys in the car, they can deny claims. Something to check into and trust me, it's easy to tell if someone needed to break in or just open an unlocked door.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skulls View Post
Most insurance companies have a negligence clause...I.e. if you leave doors unlocked or keys in the car, they can deny claims. Something to check into and trust me, it's easy to tell if someone needed to break in or just open an unlocked door.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
^this^ +1

People often call back to complain when our deputies write that the vehicle was left unlocked when they file the theft report because the insurance companies are denying claims based on that statement.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page