Raxiom Gen2 Glithcy/Map Updates - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Raxiom Gen2 Glithcy/Map Updates

I recently purchased AM's raxiom gen 2 nav - Raxiom Gen2 OE-Style Mustang GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth, Back-up Camera & HDMI 389353-D (10-14 All) - Free Shipping

How has everyone's experience been with this model? I've had it installed for a day on my 2011 base mustang and it has restarted a few times and seems glitchy (especially when I try to use the navigation). It made me wonder if updating the maps would help, but I've tried just about everything to update them and I can't figure out how. If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated.

Also, did anyone's unit come with a sd card? Mine did not, so I've been trying to update it with one I found lying around with no luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016
Rookie

I just installed one this weekend and had the same issues plus it was locking up and the screen display for satellite stopped showing the artist detail. Mine was so glitchy I called and did a return request. Took it out and reinstalled my factory system. I've sent it back for a refund. AM was great very cooperative. The unit was for sure defective.

2017 Shelby GT 350
Sold - 2013 Mustang Premium GT - Alpine Digital Amp - Kicker Subs - Alpine speakers - Maximum Motorsport Road and Track Grip Box Kit
1966 Mustang Coupe 5 Speed / Ford Racing 306 / Total Control Coil Over and power Rack / IDIDIT Col / T 5
2014 RAM 2500 CTD Laramie 4X4 - Awesome truck
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 Summit EcoDiesel
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

My unit seemed to work out the bugs itself and is doing a lot better. My only issues are when calls come thru or the navigation voice is on. The sound will only come thru the driver side speaker, while music will play through both sides. Does anyone have a fix to that?

And I've tried running through the update maps process and I can't figure it out. I've tried plugging in a flash drive and a sd card, they're never recognized.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016
Rookie

Ladies and Gentlemen, step into my office.

I've been through two of these units. A gen 1 and a gen 2. The gen 1 seemed to work fine, but the steering wheel controls didn't function. I pulled it out and sent it back and replaced it with a gen 2. The gen 2 has been okay, but can be a little wonky at times. For example, if I'm using the Bluetooth phone feature, for some inexplicable reason when I hang up, the stereo kicks in. WTF? I love AC/DC and all, but I don't like "Shook me all night long" to come on out of the blue every time I end a call. Second, the maps freeze. I can be on my way somewhere and the map will just stop updating while I am en route. When I reset it, it's fine, but it's disconcerting, especially while trying to find a destination in an unfamiliar place. I've not contacted Rosen or AM about this yet, but I eventually will. All in all, this is a good system, but I think Rosen rushed it to the market without getting the bugs out.

If I have any more chronic problems with it, I'll take it out and send it back to AM. I HATE going in and out of the dash on account of the fact that I don't want to crack it or create any sort of rattle in there that will haunt me, but I will. I've heard Pioneer has a good alternative system, but I think it runs about a thousand bucks and doesn't look quite as nice.

Just because someone's offended, doesn't mean they are right.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyS View Post
And I've tried running through the update maps process and I can't figure it out. I've tried plugging in a flash drive and a sd card, they're never recognized.
You're not alone. I've tried the same thing and - nothing.

Just because someone's offended, doesn't mean they are right.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad8888 View Post
For example, if I'm using the Bluetooth phone feature, for some inexplicable reason when I hang up, the stereo kicks in.
When you use the bluetooth phone feature, does the other person's voice only come through one speaker?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
american , gps , muscle , navigation , raxiom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page