oem halogen headlights to oem hid - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WhiteBird00

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
oem halogen headlights to oem hid

Hello everyone, Several years ago I converted my oem halogen to oem hid with the help of a pre-made harness from projectoretrofits. The harness has quit working and I still have low beams however I no longer have high beam capability. Projectoretrofits is no longer in business. Are any of you aware of a pre-made harness I can purchase that will solve my high beam problem? Thanks for your help, Chuck

2011 Mustang GT convertible: Brembo 6 speed manual,shaker 1000 and aftermarket navigation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Why not check out your current harness and connectors with a Multimeter,probally a loose connection,should be an easy fix. Just my $02.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016
Rookie

Also make sure your fog lights are not on. High beams will not work if the fog lights are on.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016
Apprentice

Garage
There's a guy named Ron Canales in the Anything Coyote Mustang Related Facebook group that makes them and gets very good reviews. His page is here.

Arrest Me Red 2011 GT Premium
Six-pot Brembo upgrade; GT500 rear brake upgrade; Whiteline adjustable front and rear sway bars; Whiteline adjustable panhard bar; BMR rear LCAs and relocation brackets; Eibach Pro springs; Koni STR.T struts and shocks; Eibach cam bolts; Legato axle-backs; Forgestar Matte Black CF5s - 19x9/19x11; Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Hi DonJuan692006, I just sent Ron a message via my wife's Facebook. I really appreciate the information that you gave me. Thanks so much, Chuck

2011 Mustang GT convertible: Brembo,6 speed manual,shaker 1000, and aftermarket navigation
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy604 View Post
Also make sure your fog lights are not on. High beams will not work if the fog lights are on.
Who told you that? It's quite the opposite... your fog lights will turn off automatically when you use the high beams. The fog lights have no impact on your ability to use the high beams.
crjackson2134 likes this.

2011 Pony Pkg. convertible M6
2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
FOLLOW UP: I discovered that the retrofit source https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...2009-2014.html has what I am looking for but requires some alteration. The charge is $ 80.00 shipped. The alteration requires changing some pins and is discussed on the web site. The description is as follows: This will convert an 2010-2012 Mustang from regular non-HID to factory HID BUT there is a wiring pin difference apparently from the F-150 to Mustang. On the F150, the grounding wires were on the number 3 pin. On the Mustang, the gounding pin needed to on the #2 on the headlight connection. So for anyone looking to use this wiring harness to convert a Mustang or just for TRS info, from looking at the headlight right side up, the Mustang went connection is in a row vertical. The connections go as follows.
Pin 1 - 12V
Pin 2 - Ground
Pin 3 - 12V
Pin 4 - High Beam Flapper
- The fit and finish of the wiring harness was perfect. It had a little extra wiring being that it was made for a F-150, but i figured that would be the case when I purchased this wiring harness.
- Connections were factory style and fit perfectly. All the connections were clearly labeled and made the installation a 5 minute install. Can not say enough good things about the wiring harness!
- This wiring WILL NOT convert a 2013-2014 Mustang headlight assembly. Connections are different on these headlights.
Do any of you members have a diagram to show me what they are talking about? Thanks for a reply, Chuck

2011 Mustang GT convertible: Brembo, 6 speed manual,shaker 1000, and aftermarket navigation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page