Clear-coat damaged by POS - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Clear-coat damaged by POS

So this woman who works in our janitorial department scratched the hell out of the clear-coat on one of my fenders (purposely, I might add) and I'm wondering what my options are in regards to fixing it. It's not horrible (my fingernail doesn't catch on it), but very noticeable. And every time I see it, I want to find janitor lady and dropkick her vulgar, inbred, filthy rear across the parking lot. So in the interest of keeping my job, I'd like to fix the damage. What say you, friends?

One final note: the woman in question resembles Danny DeVito...with a hairpiece. While that's of no relevance, I needed to get that out. Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01801.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	536905   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01803.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	536913   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01804.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	536921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01810.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	536929  

"I've secretly replaced your tow-rope with a bungee cord. Let's see what happens..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Sorry to see, how did she do it? I know what you mean with people at work, I have one lady that swings her door and dings everyone around her and if you say anything she comes back with "don't be so materialistic", I hate her!! Not sure how to fix it but I'm sure somebody will have some advice, best of luck.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

She dragged her slimy fingers (and nails, and rings) across it.

"I've secretly replaced your tow-rope with a bungee cord. Let's see what happens..."

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Unbelievable, should make her pay for it and then maybe she would gain some respect for other peoples things.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

What also sucks is that it's on our surveillance video, but because of the angle of the camera, you can't actually see her hand on the car: her stubby torso blocked the view. She knew what she was doing. The higher-ups deemed the video "inconclusive" based on that. Absolute suckery.

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

From what I can see, it looks like that will buff out.
freewayflyer likes this.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
From what I can see, it looks like that will buff out.

First time I have ever seen anyone say that on the internet that wasn't sarcastically saying that about a burned out bulk of a car.

But yeah, that looks fixable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Urambo Tauro and Kanistre13 like this.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
DA buffing with Meguires #83 cleaner/polish on a light cutting pad, and set to a medium speed. It will come out perfectly in a few minutes. Next apply a quality carnuba wax and your done.

If you don't have a DA polisher & don't want to buy one (it's a good investment) you can do this by hand also, it just takes a little longer.

Im not sure why she did this, but I'm constantly having to deal with the misdeeds of others (mostly unintentional) as it apples to my paint. It will drive you crazy if you let it.
jdmeaux likes this.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016
BOSS Member

Garage
Why did she do it?

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
Why did she do it?
Earlier in the day while I was putting tools in the trunk, she came wobbling up to me with her cigarette dangling out of her mouth. I still had tools to put in there, but she reached to close the trunk & I told her "could you please not??"
90% of what spews forth from this woman's pie-hole is gossip about other staff and our patients. How she has not yet managed to drown herself with a HIPAA violation is a miracle. She been talked to about it numerous times. She's mean-spirited, vindictive and disgustingly inappropriate. So, because I made it clear that I did not want or need her assistance, she later took it out on my car.

BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanistre13 View Post
Earlier in the day while I was putting tools in the trunk, she came wobbling up to me with her cigarette dangling out of her mouth. I still had tools to put in there, but she reached to close the trunk & I told her "could you please not??"
90% of what spews forth from this woman's pie-hole is gossip about other staff and our patients. How she has not yet managed to drown herself with a HIPAA violation is a miracle. She been talked to about it numerous times. She's mean-spirited, vindictive and disgustingly inappropriate. So, because I made it clear that I did not want or need her assistance, she later took it out on my car.
While I'm not here to promote my business, I will say assuming what you say is true, there is a legal way to effectively handle a termination in regards to her conduct....it's part of "National Standards" accredidation requirements known as "Environment of Care"......although there are many aspects of this, this includes violence in the workplace standards and specific to prevention, protection, mitigation specific elements, this one is in trouble and if management doesn't respond, they are potentially in a heap of trouble as well.

I also agree with the above....yes this will easily polish out....visit a local auto paint supplier and have them look at the car and provide a specific polish recommendation.......and applicator...FYI, laytex paint does not like heat so if you choose to use a "buffer', you will want a waffle type pad which allows medium speed buffing but keeps the paint cool.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
PONY Member

Garage
3rd on fixable. But i'd say it looks like you need compound on that, then follow with a polish, sealent. Definitely invest in a DAIf that comes out, so will your scratches lol. I know its not scratch free, this was just a onestep on my Grandads neglected car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
FYI, laytex paint does not like heat so if you choose to use a "buffer'.......
Laytex?

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Janitor Blood will clean that right up.
crjackson2134 likes this.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Janitor Blood will clean that right up.
Hmm...worth a shot. How long should I leave it on the affected area?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page