Ford Mustang Forum banner

Ricart Ford, Columbus, Ohio, 2017 Cobra R--$70,000 mark-up!!

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  JediDave 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, forget purchasing that 2017 Mustang Shelby GT350R!! Good old Ricart Ford has a $70,000 market value mark-up on the beast. When buff mags print the low MSRP for the GT350R's, they just mislead their readers into thinking they can actually get one at that price. Ford flat out shouldn't permit such excessive mark-ups!

Additionally, they have a $20,000 market value mark-up on the standard 2017 Mustang Shelby GT350.

JediDave

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I hope whoever buys that plans on never selling it...

#9 ·
I wonder if we can report this dealership to Ford corporate, this seems criminal and I doubt Ford of America would approve what this dealership is doing

#10 ·
noldevin:

Thanks for pointing out my "Cobra" error!!! I guess I'm still stuck in the 90's/early 2000's!

I played a Jedi mind trick upon myself.

JediDave

Reactions: noldevin
#11 ·
When I told people on the other sites that they were crazy for thinking that they could get GT350's for under $50,000 they told me that I was full of it. The markup for the 2016's has been at least $15,000-20,000 above the sticker and in many places more! When I purchased my GT500 for sticker price others thought that I should have paid less. Mine is a bargain compared to these prices. Oh, and faster too!

Pete

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote
#15 ·
When the Mustang was produced in the late 1964,it was a sports car that was produced for the masses at a fair price,so the average Joe could own a sports car.That is what has kept Mustang alive and healthy all these years in the market place,if this GREED is allowed to continue it will likely have a negative impact on the Mustang,that we all love.Just my $02.

#16 ·
there have been "Halo" Stangs for a long time.....

On the subject of price gouging (only on non-essentials) I have mixed feelings but if I had to make a black/white decision I don't think Ford should punish the dealer for asking whatever they want to. It will be the consumer that decides if they want to pay it. If they do the dealer is wise if not the dealer still gets the halo effect (affect?) that cars like this bring. In truth I would bet a beverage if you offered 10-15K over sticker I believe they would say "yes". Still a huge markup and nothing I would be willing to pay. For that much $ I would be considering a Vette.

Note I have a Base model V6 (perf pack only option) that I seriously shopped price on.

#17 ·
On the other hand,,,, They may have it marked up so high to keep it on their showroom longer, as a "hook" to get people in the door. One of the local dealers near me had a GT350 that they only marked up $7,000.00 over MSRP.

#19 ·
The wife just told me to keep my GT/CS as a daily and go buy a Challenger!!:x
My honey is definitely one with the "Force!":grin:

JediDave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.